Skip to main content

Ronaldo And Messi Stats Shows Who's Best Of All Time

messi and Ronaldo the bests
Bests of all time
Victory in football's biggest tournament would play a huge role for either player's legacy, particularly in the long-term, and it looks incredibly likely that the 2018 edition will be the final attempt for both men.
As a result, there was always going to keen interest in exactly how Ronaldo and Messi fare.

And, well, three games in and their form is diametrically opposed.

Ronaldo is in the running for the Golden Boot after scoring four goals in his opening two fixtures, including a stunning hat-trick against a hotly fancied Spain team.

MESSI VS RONALDO DEBATE

Meanwhile, Messi just found the back of the net in Russia only in his last outing vs Nigeria and missed a vital penalty in the 1-1 draw with Iceland.

These developments led to a spike in support for Ronaldo to be considered the greatest of all time, with this summer exemplifying his brilliant form over the last few years.

BALAGUE HAS SOME ANSWERS

One of the most interesting tweets, though, has come from Spanish football expert Guillem Balague.

Using a set of statistics as his evidence, Balague argued that these two games shouldn't make a difference over the entire argument and that the numbers tell the whole story.

Balague original tweet and his reply:

Of course, the tweet has caused huge debate in the comments section and fans have found separate statistics that shine favourably upon Ronaldo.

The whole debate and discussion just goes to show how inseparably brilliant the two players are, however.

We are lucky to watch an era of football that boasts two of the greatest players in the game's history.

Nevertheless, as the biggest competition in the sport, the World Cup will always carry great weight and if Ronaldo can continue to inspire Portugal through the competition, he may have the upper hand.

Let's not forget that Messi reached the final in 2014, though, so he's still got a way to go. And Besides Argentina Might go all the way to lifting the World Cup and Messi the architect.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Depay: I'm a team player

The Manchester United winger has acknowledged his form is "not very good" at present, but rejected suggestions he is selfish Netherlands winger Memphis Depay has rejected Danny Blind's suggestion that he is not a team player and insists he is working as hard as ever to rediscover his best form. The 21-year-old inspired PSV to the Eredivisie title last season but has struggled to adapt to the Premier League since joining Manchester United for €27.5 million during the summer. Netherlands boss Blind claimed last week that Depay "does not always function for the team" but still included the the forward in his squad for the upcoming friendlies with Wales and Germany. "When I spoke to Danny Blind [after linking up with Netherlands], it was a very good conversation," the Red Devils forward told  NOS . "I think I’m a team player and the other players in the team also think that. “I don’t think I’m in a difficult path of my career, as the media says...

I Have Been Sacked Six Times By The Media - Louis Van Gaal

  Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal has refused to discuss his future amid growing reports he will leave the club and be replaced by Jose Mourinho. When asked whether the FA Cup final win over Crystal Palace would be his final match in charge, he told a press conference: "I show you the cup. I don't discuss it with my friends in the media who already sack me for six months. "I do not want to talk about leaving." Source: Goal

EAGLES BOSS ROHR WILL WORK WITH YOUTHS

  New Nigeria boss, Gernot Rohr has reiterated his desire to give some newly discovered young players to blossom in the senior national team. The German tactician started fringe players like Chidozie Awaziem, Wifred Ndidi, Shehu Abdullahi  in the team’s 3-0 victory against Akwa United in a friendly game played on Wednesday. He explained to Goal that he decided to bench the established players against the Promise Keepers as he hopes to  groom a new breed of Super Eagles. “ The game against Akwa United was to see the young players in action. I am sure that we can do it together if we play as a team and live well together,” Rohr told Reporters . “We will concentrate on raising young energetic players to make the Eagles strong." He also insisted that he would also special attention to the local based players. "I was in Spain to see the NPFL All Stars because I wanted to see young players coming from Nigeria and I picked some of them for this match,” he continued. “We should ...