Skip to main content

Louis van Gaal: Man Utd boss says he could choose to quit

manchester united losses again van gaal pictures
Manchester United boss Louis van Gaal said he could "quit by myself" after Stoke City beat his side 2-0 to condemn them to a fourth straight defeat.
The Dutchman, under pressure after seven games without a victory, was asked at his post-match news conference whether he feared he would be sacked.
Van Gaal, 64, said that was something he would discuss with executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward and not the media.
"It is not always the club that has to fire or sack me," he said.
"Sometimes I do that by myself, but I am the one who wants to speak first with the board of Manchester United and my members of staff and my players, not with you."
United's miserable run has seen them knocked out of the Champions League at the group stage and slip out of the top four in the Premier League.
Van Gaal, who succeeded David Moyes in the summer of 2014, said the club had backed him "all the time" but added: "We have lost so there is a new situation.
"I feel the support of my players and my board. The fans will be disappointed but that is logical after four defeats."
Van Gaal does not think it is important that Woodward has not publicly supported him.
"For me it's much more important that people are saying that to me," he said. "I am not so interested in public sayings."
Van Gaal saw his side quickly go behind to goals from Bojan Krkic and Marko Arnautovic, and United struggled to create chances as they tried to work their way back into the match in the second half.
"We have lost the game in the first 45 minutes because we didn't dare to play our football," said Van Gaal, whose side host Chelsea on Monday.
"The circumstances now play a bigger role and will in the next game also. We have to cope with that and look for the solution.
"It is very difficult as I'm also part of four losses and I have to cope with that and I have to manage that. More important is that my players shall manage that because they have to perform."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Depay: I'm a team player

The Manchester United winger has acknowledged his form is "not very good" at present, but rejected suggestions he is selfish Netherlands winger Memphis Depay has rejected Danny Blind's suggestion that he is not a team player and insists he is working as hard as ever to rediscover his best form. The 21-year-old inspired PSV to the Eredivisie title last season but has struggled to adapt to the Premier League since joining Manchester United for €27.5 million during the summer. Netherlands boss Blind claimed last week that Depay "does not always function for the team" but still included the the forward in his squad for the upcoming friendlies with Wales and Germany. "When I spoke to Danny Blind [after linking up with Netherlands], it was a very good conversation," the Red Devils forward told  NOS . "I think I’m a team player and the other players in the team also think that. “I don’t think I’m in a difficult path of my career, as the media says...

I Have Been Sacked Six Times By The Media - Louis Van Gaal

  Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal has refused to discuss his future amid growing reports he will leave the club and be replaced by Jose Mourinho. When asked whether the FA Cup final win over Crystal Palace would be his final match in charge, he told a press conference: "I show you the cup. I don't discuss it with my friends in the media who already sack me for six months. "I do not want to talk about leaving." Source: Goal

EAGLES BOSS ROHR WILL WORK WITH YOUTHS

  New Nigeria boss, Gernot Rohr has reiterated his desire to give some newly discovered young players to blossom in the senior national team. The German tactician started fringe players like Chidozie Awaziem, Wifred Ndidi, Shehu Abdullahi  in the team’s 3-0 victory against Akwa United in a friendly game played on Wednesday. He explained to Goal that he decided to bench the established players against the Promise Keepers as he hopes to  groom a new breed of Super Eagles. “ The game against Akwa United was to see the young players in action. I am sure that we can do it together if we play as a team and live well together,” Rohr told Reporters . “We will concentrate on raising young energetic players to make the Eagles strong." He also insisted that he would also special attention to the local based players. "I was in Spain to see the NPFL All Stars because I wanted to see young players coming from Nigeria and I picked some of them for this match,” he continued. “We should ...