Skip to main content

Barca Land €30m Paco Alcacer

 

alcacer

Fc Barcelona have confirmed the signing of Spain striker Paco Alcacer from Valencia on a five-year deal, with Munir El-Haddadi moving in the opposite direction on a season-long loan.

Alcacer, 23, was omitted from the Valencia side that lost 1-0 to Eibar on Saturday and underwent a medical at Barca on Monday before completing a move worth an initial €30million.

Barca could pay €2m more in add-on fees and have inserted a €100m buy-out clause into Alcacer's deal at Camp Nou.

The La Liga champions' sixth signing of the season, Alcacer concludes Barca's long search for attacking reinforcements to support Lionel Messi, Luis Suarez and Neymar.

"When I found out about the offer from FC Barcelona I asked the club to listen to it, as it was my decision to take a step forward in my career," Alcacer told Valencia's official website.

"I want to thank Valencia CF and the fans. Despite the fact that I am leaving Valencia CF, I will always be a Valencianista at heart."

Alcacer scored 43 goals in 124 appearances for Valencia and has won 13 caps for his country.

Munir enjoyed a sparkling 2014, making his debut for Barcelona's B and senior team as well as earning maiden outings with Spain's Under-19, Under-21 and full side.

He struggled to break into Luis Enrique's side regularly last season, however, making 26 appearances in all competitions, although he scored eight goals and assisted seven more in that time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Depay: I'm a team player

The Manchester United winger has acknowledged his form is "not very good" at present, but rejected suggestions he is selfish Netherlands winger Memphis Depay has rejected Danny Blind's suggestion that he is not a team player and insists he is working as hard as ever to rediscover his best form. The 21-year-old inspired PSV to the Eredivisie title last season but has struggled to adapt to the Premier League since joining Manchester United for €27.5 million during the summer. Netherlands boss Blind claimed last week that Depay "does not always function for the team" but still included the the forward in his squad for the upcoming friendlies with Wales and Germany. "When I spoke to Danny Blind [after linking up with Netherlands], it was a very good conversation," the Red Devils forward told  NOS . "I think I’m a team player and the other players in the team also think that. “I don’t think I’m in a difficult path of my career, as the media says...

I Have Been Sacked Six Times By The Media - Louis Van Gaal

  Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal has refused to discuss his future amid growing reports he will leave the club and be replaced by Jose Mourinho. When asked whether the FA Cup final win over Crystal Palace would be his final match in charge, he told a press conference: "I show you the cup. I don't discuss it with my friends in the media who already sack me for six months. "I do not want to talk about leaving." Source: Goal

EAGLES BOSS ROHR WILL WORK WITH YOUTHS

  New Nigeria boss, Gernot Rohr has reiterated his desire to give some newly discovered young players to blossom in the senior national team. The German tactician started fringe players like Chidozie Awaziem, Wifred Ndidi, Shehu Abdullahi  in the team’s 3-0 victory against Akwa United in a friendly game played on Wednesday. He explained to Goal that he decided to bench the established players against the Promise Keepers as he hopes to  groom a new breed of Super Eagles. “ The game against Akwa United was to see the young players in action. I am sure that we can do it together if we play as a team and live well together,” Rohr told Reporters . “We will concentrate on raising young energetic players to make the Eagles strong." He also insisted that he would also special attention to the local based players. "I was in Spain to see the NPFL All Stars because I wanted to see young players coming from Nigeria and I picked some of them for this match,” he continued. “We should ...