Skip to main content

OFFICIAL: Chambers Join Big Spending Boro On Loan

 

calum-chambers

Arsenal defender Calum Chambers has agreed a season-long loan move to fellow Premier League outfit Middlesbrough.

The 21-year-old was moved on to the newly-promoted outfit to gain more first-team experience, given he was likely to struggle for time at the Gunners following Shkodran Mustafi's recruit.

Chambers had travelled to Rockliffe Park training ground on Tuesday to undergo his medical before sealing his move, much to coach Aitor Karanka's delight.

I’m really pleased,” the Spaniard told the club's official website. “It’s a position where we’ve been working towards bringing the right player in.

“We haven’t been in a hurry because Calum was the player we were waiting for, and he’s going to help us a lot.

“I’d like to say thank you to him because we know he had another offer, but he wanted to come here. That’s important and we’re looking forward to working with him.”

Chambers joined Arsenal in 2014 from Southampton but had failed to make an impact during his time in London so far.

The Gunners opted to loan him out given he was behind the likes of Mustafi, Per Mertesacker and Gabriel Paulista in the pecking order.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Depay: I'm a team player

The Manchester United winger has acknowledged his form is "not very good" at present, but rejected suggestions he is selfish Netherlands winger Memphis Depay has rejected Danny Blind's suggestion that he is not a team player and insists he is working as hard as ever to rediscover his best form. The 21-year-old inspired PSV to the Eredivisie title last season but has struggled to adapt to the Premier League since joining Manchester United for €27.5 million during the summer. Netherlands boss Blind claimed last week that Depay "does not always function for the team" but still included the the forward in his squad for the upcoming friendlies with Wales and Germany. "When I spoke to Danny Blind [after linking up with Netherlands], it was a very good conversation," the Red Devils forward told  NOS . "I think I’m a team player and the other players in the team also think that. “I don’t think I’m in a difficult path of my career, as the media says...

I Have Been Sacked Six Times By The Media - Louis Van Gaal

  Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal has refused to discuss his future amid growing reports he will leave the club and be replaced by Jose Mourinho. When asked whether the FA Cup final win over Crystal Palace would be his final match in charge, he told a press conference: "I show you the cup. I don't discuss it with my friends in the media who already sack me for six months. "I do not want to talk about leaving." Source: Goal

Who Is Fosuh Mensah?

One For The Future; Fosuh Mensah TIMOTHY FOSUH MENSAH PROFILE Full Name: Evans Timothy Fosuh Mensah Date of   Birth: 2 nd January 1998 Place of Birth: Armsterdam , Holland Height: 1.90 m   Playing Position: Defender / Mildfielder Nationality: Holland Mensah's Debut Against Arsenal At Old Traffold In United's 3-2 win Evans Timothy Fosuh Mensah is a Dutch professional footballer who plays as a defensive/central mildfielder, centre-back or full-back for English club Manchester United. Born in Armsterdam, Mensah began his career with Ajax before moving to England in 2014. He made his professional debut at left-back on 28 February 2016 in a 3-2 Premier League Win at home to Arsenal replacing Marcos Rojo in the 55 th minute. Manchester United moved to snap up the highly-rated youngster from Ajax in the summer of 2014 beating a host of top European clubs in the process and if he is able to reach his potential, the Red Devils will have a real star on the...