Skip to main content

I Listen To Wenger And Low Not Critics – Ozil

 

Ozil: Wenger & Low opinions more important than fan criticism

Mesut Ozil insists he only listens to Arsene Wenger and Joachim Low and ignores criticism from fans.

The midfielder drew the ire of Germany fans for perceived lacklustre performances during Euro 2016, notably the country's opening 0-0 draw with Poland and missed his penalty in the quarter-final shoot-out victory over Italy after opening the scoring.

Ozil feels the expectations of fans can be too high as he says "everybody expects something special", while the opinions of his Arsenal and national team head coaches, Wenger and Low respectively, are far more valuable.

"The expectations of the fans and the general public is very large," he told Express.de. "Some like my style of play, others do not. It has always been like this.

"As a player, I also strive after that, because I know that I can bring my team-mates into good situations. But when I haven't scored a goal or even had a shot, many people are disappointed.

"Sometimes I think they don't realise how much I ran or how many passes I've played. The coach sees my complete performance and, quite honestly, his judgment is the most important."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Depay: I'm a team player

The Manchester United winger has acknowledged his form is "not very good" at present, but rejected suggestions he is selfish Netherlands winger Memphis Depay has rejected Danny Blind's suggestion that he is not a team player and insists he is working as hard as ever to rediscover his best form. The 21-year-old inspired PSV to the Eredivisie title last season but has struggled to adapt to the Premier League since joining Manchester United for €27.5 million during the summer. Netherlands boss Blind claimed last week that Depay "does not always function for the team" but still included the the forward in his squad for the upcoming friendlies with Wales and Germany. "When I spoke to Danny Blind [after linking up with Netherlands], it was a very good conversation," the Red Devils forward told  NOS . "I think I’m a team player and the other players in the team also think that. “I don’t think I’m in a difficult path of my career, as the media says...

I Have Been Sacked Six Times By The Media - Louis Van Gaal

  Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal has refused to discuss his future amid growing reports he will leave the club and be replaced by Jose Mourinho. When asked whether the FA Cup final win over Crystal Palace would be his final match in charge, he told a press conference: "I show you the cup. I don't discuss it with my friends in the media who already sack me for six months. "I do not want to talk about leaving." Source: Goal

EAGLES BOSS ROHR WILL WORK WITH YOUTHS

  New Nigeria boss, Gernot Rohr has reiterated his desire to give some newly discovered young players to blossom in the senior national team. The German tactician started fringe players like Chidozie Awaziem, Wifred Ndidi, Shehu Abdullahi  in the team’s 3-0 victory against Akwa United in a friendly game played on Wednesday. He explained to Goal that he decided to bench the established players against the Promise Keepers as he hopes to  groom a new breed of Super Eagles. “ The game against Akwa United was to see the young players in action. I am sure that we can do it together if we play as a team and live well together,” Rohr told Reporters . “We will concentrate on raising young energetic players to make the Eagles strong." He also insisted that he would also special attention to the local based players. "I was in Spain to see the NPFL All Stars because I wanted to see young players coming from Nigeria and I picked some of them for this match,” he continued. “We should ...