Skip to main content

Chelsea Wont Sack Me Even In Failure - Jose Mourinho

Jose Mourinho of Chelsea
Under Pressure Jose Mourinho
The Portuguese believes he will remain at Stamford Bridge even if the Premier League champions miss out on the Champions League places this term
Jose Mourinho is confident he will not be sacked as manager of Chelsea even if the champions finish the season in mid-table.

The Blues have made a poor start to the campaign, taking just eight points from their opening eight matches, and sit in 16th place in the Premier League standings.

Mourinho has come under pressure in recent weeks, with parallels drawn between the current situation and the 2006-07 campaign, when Mourinho was dismissed in September.

But the Portuguese believes that Roman Abramovich's attitude has changed since then and has faith that he will remain in charge even if Chelsea finish the season in mid-table.

"It’s different for many reasons. I don’t think it’s different just now, but since the moment I came back in 2013. When I had my first conversation with the owner and board in 2013.

“I met the owner before dinner so, when I left [after the Southampton defeat two weeks ago], I knew [there was no threat of the sack],” Mourinho said.
“But, even before that, I knew what brought me here. I know the conversation we had two years ago. I know what made me sign a new contract, and the reasons the owner and board decided to give me a new contract over the summer. They didn’t have to. I still had two years to run on the previous deal, so they didn’t have to give me a new contract. So what I know is what I know from them.

“Obviously, after a bad result – and that was not the first bad result of the season – I was far from happy. Far from it. But I never felt [concerned] about my future."

"For me the important thing is the owner and the board’s message to myself and, before the statement came out, I’d had the feedback from the owner and the board. So the statement [that Chelsea released in support of Mourinho] was not something new for me. That support I’d got before.

"Why did the statement come out? Maybe to stop the rumour that I could be on my way. The support to myself was not made by the statement, but by a normal conversation that we’ve had many times. This time it was to support and to make me completely aware of the club’s intentions.”
Diego Costa And Jose Mourinho Of Chelsea
Mourinho And Costa
Chelsea face Aston Villa at Stamford Bridge on Saturday looking to climb up the table against Tim Sherwood's strugglers.

Branislav Ivanovic is set to miss out for the Blues, but Diego Costa is available again after his three-game suspension.

Costa was left out of Spain's squad for their final two Euro 2016 qualifiers, and recently conceded that he had turned up to pre-season training "slightly overweight" at the start of the summer.

"He's an honest guy, and a guy that says that is not, for sure, the leader of any ‘mutiny’,” said Mourinho. “He’s the kind of guy who assumes his own responsibility.

“His weight was a consequence of a bad approach, but also of a difficult last third of the season: suspension; injury; re-injury; not playing; disappointment; not participating in the best period of the season, when you become champions; go on holiday; go to Brazil. The food is much better than here. For a Brazilian, the food in Brazil is divine.
"He stayed there at home and came back in bad condition. He could have used many excuses for our bad moment, but he chose himself and his condition as one of the factors. So respect.”

Chelsea appealed against the £50,000 fine and suspended one-match stadium ban that was handed to Mourinho by the Football Association following his post-match comments after the loss to Southampton.

Mourinho, who had suggested that referees were "afraid" to give decision in his side's favour, confirmed that it was his choice to contest the charge.

"I want to appeal because I disagree totally, and not just partially, but totally with the decision,” he said. “It’s obviously my decision, but I don’t want to say anything else. Other than I disagree totally.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Depay: I'm a team player

The Manchester United winger has acknowledged his form is "not very good" at present, but rejected suggestions he is selfish Netherlands winger Memphis Depay has rejected Danny Blind's suggestion that he is not a team player and insists he is working as hard as ever to rediscover his best form. The 21-year-old inspired PSV to the Eredivisie title last season but has struggled to adapt to the Premier League since joining Manchester United for €27.5 million during the summer. Netherlands boss Blind claimed last week that Depay "does not always function for the team" but still included the the forward in his squad for the upcoming friendlies with Wales and Germany. "When I spoke to Danny Blind [after linking up with Netherlands], it was a very good conversation," the Red Devils forward told  NOS . "I think I’m a team player and the other players in the team also think that. “I don’t think I’m in a difficult path of my career, as the media says...

I Have Been Sacked Six Times By The Media - Louis Van Gaal

  Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal has refused to discuss his future amid growing reports he will leave the club and be replaced by Jose Mourinho. When asked whether the FA Cup final win over Crystal Palace would be his final match in charge, he told a press conference: "I show you the cup. I don't discuss it with my friends in the media who already sack me for six months. "I do not want to talk about leaving." Source: Goal

Who Is Fosuh Mensah?

One For The Future; Fosuh Mensah TIMOTHY FOSUH MENSAH PROFILE Full Name: Evans Timothy Fosuh Mensah Date of   Birth: 2 nd January 1998 Place of Birth: Armsterdam , Holland Height: 1.90 m   Playing Position: Defender / Mildfielder Nationality: Holland Mensah's Debut Against Arsenal At Old Traffold In United's 3-2 win Evans Timothy Fosuh Mensah is a Dutch professional footballer who plays as a defensive/central mildfielder, centre-back or full-back for English club Manchester United. Born in Armsterdam, Mensah began his career with Ajax before moving to England in 2014. He made his professional debut at left-back on 28 February 2016 in a 3-2 Premier League Win at home to Arsenal replacing Marcos Rojo in the 55 th minute. Manchester United moved to snap up the highly-rated youngster from Ajax in the summer of 2014 beating a host of top European clubs in the process and if he is able to reach his potential, the Red Devils will have a real star on the...