Skip to main content

Mourinho warns chelsea: Am your best ever! Sack me and you'll never find a replacement

Mourinho: I'm the best manager Chelsea has ever had
Jose Mourinho
The Blues boss has warned his club they would be making a mistake if they were to sack him and claims referees are scared to give decisions for his team after defeat to Southampton.

Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho reacted to questions regarding his future by insisting that if the club sack him, they will be sacking the greatest manager the club has ever had. 

The reigning champions slumped to their fourth Premier League defeat of the season on Saturday, going down 3-1 to Southampton at Stamford Bridge despite taking the lead through Willian.

The defeat follows on from Tuesday's 2-1 loss to Porto in the Champions League and leaves the Blues in 16th place in the Premier League table, a distant 10 points behind leaders Manchester City.

"If the club wants to sack me they have to sack me because I am not running away from my responsibility, my team," he told Sky Sports after the game.

"To be champions now is obviously very, very difficult because the distance is considerable. I am more than convinced that we will finish top four.
"It is a crucial moment in the history of this club because if they sack me they sack the best manager this club has ever had. 

"The message is that the results are the fault of the manager. This is a moment for everybody to assume their responsibilities and stick together."

Mourinho also insisted the Blues were being harshly treated by referees and insisted they were denied a penalty against Southampton, which could have changed the outcome of the game. 

"The referees are afraid to give decisions for Chelsea," he added. "At 1-1, it is a huge penalty and once again we don't get. 

"If the FA wants to punish me they can. They don't punish other managers. My players deserve it and the fans deserve it. 

"Referees are afraid to give decisions for Chelsea. Why? Because there is always a question mark and we are always punished.

"Clear penalties are not given. Even in the Champions League in a match we lose 2-1, we are not given a penalty in the last minute.

"The penalty in this game is crucial because my team, at the moment, the first negative thing that happens, they collapse. The penalty was a giant penalty and after that the team lost even more confidence."

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Depay: I'm a team player

The Manchester United winger has acknowledged his form is "not very good" at present, but rejected suggestions he is selfish Netherlands winger Memphis Depay has rejected Danny Blind's suggestion that he is not a team player and insists he is working as hard as ever to rediscover his best form. The 21-year-old inspired PSV to the Eredivisie title last season but has struggled to adapt to the Premier League since joining Manchester United for €27.5 million during the summer. Netherlands boss Blind claimed last week that Depay "does not always function for the team" but still included the the forward in his squad for the upcoming friendlies with Wales and Germany. "When I spoke to Danny Blind [after linking up with Netherlands], it was a very good conversation," the Red Devils forward told  NOS . "I think I’m a team player and the other players in the team also think that. “I don’t think I’m in a difficult path of my career, as the media says...

Who Is Fosuh Mensah?

One For The Future; Fosuh Mensah TIMOTHY FOSUH MENSAH PROFILE Full Name: Evans Timothy Fosuh Mensah Date of   Birth: 2 nd January 1998 Place of Birth: Armsterdam , Holland Height: 1.90 m   Playing Position: Defender / Mildfielder Nationality: Holland Mensah's Debut Against Arsenal At Old Traffold In United's 3-2 win Evans Timothy Fosuh Mensah is a Dutch professional footballer who plays as a defensive/central mildfielder, centre-back or full-back for English club Manchester United. Born in Armsterdam, Mensah began his career with Ajax before moving to England in 2014. He made his professional debut at left-back on 28 February 2016 in a 3-2 Premier League Win at home to Arsenal replacing Marcos Rojo in the 55 th minute. Manchester United moved to snap up the highly-rated youngster from Ajax in the summer of 2014 beating a host of top European clubs in the process and if he is able to reach his potential, the Red Devils will have a real star on the...

I Have Been Sacked Six Times By The Media - Louis Van Gaal

  Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal has refused to discuss his future amid growing reports he will leave the club and be replaced by Jose Mourinho. When asked whether the FA Cup final win over Crystal Palace would be his final match in charge, he told a press conference: "I show you the cup. I don't discuss it with my friends in the media who already sack me for six months. "I do not want to talk about leaving." Source: Goal