Skip to main content

Arsenal can win the title - Ighalo

ighalo in action
Watford striker Odion Ighalo believes that Saturday’s opponents Arsenal could win the Premier League but are not the favourites for the title.
Ighalo returns from the international break having scored a goal in Nigeria’s 3-0 demolition of Cameroon in Brussels on Sunday.
The Gunners are second, sandwiched between the Manchester clubs, going into the weekend, but the Nigerian thinks they will have to contend with the usual favourites to win their first title in more than a decade.
“Arsenal can win it, but it's going to be difficult because you have Manchester City, Manchester United and even Chelsea fighting too,” Ighalo told Goal.
“There’s no good time to play them because Arsenal are a big and good team.”
The 26-year-old has been in great form as he was nominated for the Premier League Player of the Month for September and has scored five goals so far, more than strikers Theo Walcott and Olivier Giroud combined.
“It’s a great feeling but I don’t want to be carried away with that,” he said, instead focussing on the challenge ahead.
Having failed to score against Manchester City during his first encounter with one of the giants of the English game this season, the Nigerian will face Arsenal on Saturday hoping to reprise the feat of his hero, Samuel Eto’o, against the Gunners during his brief spell with Chelsea. Eto’o opened scoring in that famous 6-0 demolition of the Gunners at Stamford Bridge in March 2014.
“Samuel Eto’o is my idol, I love the way he plays and some people call me Eto’o,” he said. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Depay: I'm a team player

The Manchester United winger has acknowledged his form is "not very good" at present, but rejected suggestions he is selfish Netherlands winger Memphis Depay has rejected Danny Blind's suggestion that he is not a team player and insists he is working as hard as ever to rediscover his best form. The 21-year-old inspired PSV to the Eredivisie title last season but has struggled to adapt to the Premier League since joining Manchester United for €27.5 million during the summer. Netherlands boss Blind claimed last week that Depay "does not always function for the team" but still included the the forward in his squad for the upcoming friendlies with Wales and Germany. "When I spoke to Danny Blind [after linking up with Netherlands], it was a very good conversation," the Red Devils forward told  NOS . "I think I’m a team player and the other players in the team also think that. “I don’t think I’m in a difficult path of my career, as the media says...

I Have Been Sacked Six Times By The Media - Louis Van Gaal

  Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal has refused to discuss his future amid growing reports he will leave the club and be replaced by Jose Mourinho. When asked whether the FA Cup final win over Crystal Palace would be his final match in charge, he told a press conference: "I show you the cup. I don't discuss it with my friends in the media who already sack me for six months. "I do not want to talk about leaving." Source: Goal

Who Is Fosuh Mensah?

One For The Future; Fosuh Mensah TIMOTHY FOSUH MENSAH PROFILE Full Name: Evans Timothy Fosuh Mensah Date of   Birth: 2 nd January 1998 Place of Birth: Armsterdam , Holland Height: 1.90 m   Playing Position: Defender / Mildfielder Nationality: Holland Mensah's Debut Against Arsenal At Old Traffold In United's 3-2 win Evans Timothy Fosuh Mensah is a Dutch professional footballer who plays as a defensive/central mildfielder, centre-back or full-back for English club Manchester United. Born in Armsterdam, Mensah began his career with Ajax before moving to England in 2014. He made his professional debut at left-back on 28 February 2016 in a 3-2 Premier League Win at home to Arsenal replacing Marcos Rojo in the 55 th minute. Manchester United moved to snap up the highly-rated youngster from Ajax in the summer of 2014 beating a host of top European clubs in the process and if he is able to reach his potential, the Red Devils will have a real star on the...