Skip to main content

Starlet Likely To Rejoin Chelsea - Pardew

Patrick Bamford
Patrick Bamford

ALAN PARDEW admits Patrick Bamford’s Crystal Palace loan spell could be terminated in January.

The England under-21 international joined Palace on a season-long deal from Chelsea before the start of the season.
The move seen as the ideal opportunity for the 22-year-old to boost his top-flight experience after spending the last two season on loan at Middlesbrough, Derby and MK Dons.
But Bamford has so far made just two, brief substitute appearances in the league so far.
And Palace manager Pardew acknowledges the situation will be reviewed if the forward is unable to force himself up the pecking order.
And Pardew said: “It's unfortunate for Patrick because he's working hard, but it is an obvious situation. If he doesn't play any real time between now and January, we'll have to look at it for sure.
“He's had a lot of competition and he's trying to understand the way we play, but if he gets the chance I'm sure he wants to take it.”
Bamford has been overlooked despite the departure of Glenn Murray and an injury to Connor Wickham.
The manager has opted to use Dwight Gayle, Yanick Bolasie and Bakary Sako in the central striker role and Pardew added: “He's fighting for his right to get into the team.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Depay: I'm a team player

The Manchester United winger has acknowledged his form is "not very good" at present, but rejected suggestions he is selfish Netherlands winger Memphis Depay has rejected Danny Blind's suggestion that he is not a team player and insists he is working as hard as ever to rediscover his best form. The 21-year-old inspired PSV to the Eredivisie title last season but has struggled to adapt to the Premier League since joining Manchester United for €27.5 million during the summer. Netherlands boss Blind claimed last week that Depay "does not always function for the team" but still included the the forward in his squad for the upcoming friendlies with Wales and Germany. "When I spoke to Danny Blind [after linking up with Netherlands], it was a very good conversation," the Red Devils forward told  NOS . "I think I’m a team player and the other players in the team also think that. “I don’t think I’m in a difficult path of my career, as the media says...

Who Is Fosuh Mensah?

One For The Future; Fosuh Mensah TIMOTHY FOSUH MENSAH PROFILE Full Name: Evans Timothy Fosuh Mensah Date of   Birth: 2 nd January 1998 Place of Birth: Armsterdam , Holland Height: 1.90 m   Playing Position: Defender / Mildfielder Nationality: Holland Mensah's Debut Against Arsenal At Old Traffold In United's 3-2 win Evans Timothy Fosuh Mensah is a Dutch professional footballer who plays as a defensive/central mildfielder, centre-back or full-back for English club Manchester United. Born in Armsterdam, Mensah began his career with Ajax before moving to England in 2014. He made his professional debut at left-back on 28 February 2016 in a 3-2 Premier League Win at home to Arsenal replacing Marcos Rojo in the 55 th minute. Manchester United moved to snap up the highly-rated youngster from Ajax in the summer of 2014 beating a host of top European clubs in the process and if he is able to reach his potential, the Red Devils will have a real star on the...

I Have Been Sacked Six Times By The Media - Louis Van Gaal

  Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal has refused to discuss his future amid growing reports he will leave the club and be replaced by Jose Mourinho. When asked whether the FA Cup final win over Crystal Palace would be his final match in charge, he told a press conference: "I show you the cup. I don't discuss it with my friends in the media who already sack me for six months. "I do not want to talk about leaving." Source: Goal