Skip to main content

Chelsea have lost their fear factor, admits Mourinho

Chelsea have lost their fear factor, admits Mourinho

Jose Mourinho admits Chelsea have lost their fear factor at Stamford Bridge.

The Premier League champions have made a poor start to the season, winning only two of their opening eight matches - a run of results that leaves them in 16th place in the table.
And when asked if teams are no longer afraid of playing Chelsea, Mourinho replied: "Maybe. One thing is to go to a stadium where there is a huge percentage of defeats for the away team.
"Another thing is to go to a stadium where the home team in the last four games has won only once.
"I really believe every team coming to Stamford Bridge doesn't fear us. They think they can get a result.
"Every game is a must-win game for different reasons. In my approach every game is a must-win game and when we don't win there is always a disappointment or a frustration.
"Villa are a team that lost very important players. The manager is trying to rebuild after losing the two most important players of the team.
"They are a team not getting the best results. I don't believe in a couple of months they will be in this position, just like I don't believe Chelsea will be in this position in a few months.
"We cannot run away from the reality of the Premier League table before the game starts. The numbers are very cruel but they are objective and we need points."
Mourinho was again asked about reports suggesting senior players were unhappy and rejected claims the international break had been a positive thing for his squad so they could get away from the mood around Stamford Bridge.
"What people write or think I don't know how to stop that or what to do. To be fair that is not a big concern for me. We need to win matches for us, for our club, for Chelsea supporters,” he said.
"We have to win matches and we know that, but how to stop bad stories and unfair stories I don't know and we are not to be worried with it.
"I do not see a player not happy to be here or unhappy when they are together, so I don't think their time with the national team was either a good thing for them or a bad thing for them.
"Obviously it is an honour for every player to be called up for the national teams and they like to go. But they are happy to be here too and I don't think the break changes anything."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Depay: I'm a team player

The Manchester United winger has acknowledged his form is "not very good" at present, but rejected suggestions he is selfish Netherlands winger Memphis Depay has rejected Danny Blind's suggestion that he is not a team player and insists he is working as hard as ever to rediscover his best form. The 21-year-old inspired PSV to the Eredivisie title last season but has struggled to adapt to the Premier League since joining Manchester United for €27.5 million during the summer. Netherlands boss Blind claimed last week that Depay "does not always function for the team" but still included the the forward in his squad for the upcoming friendlies with Wales and Germany. "When I spoke to Danny Blind [after linking up with Netherlands], it was a very good conversation," the Red Devils forward told  NOS . "I think I’m a team player and the other players in the team also think that. “I don’t think I’m in a difficult path of my career, as the media says...

Who Is Fosuh Mensah?

One For The Future; Fosuh Mensah TIMOTHY FOSUH MENSAH PROFILE Full Name: Evans Timothy Fosuh Mensah Date of   Birth: 2 nd January 1998 Place of Birth: Armsterdam , Holland Height: 1.90 m   Playing Position: Defender / Mildfielder Nationality: Holland Mensah's Debut Against Arsenal At Old Traffold In United's 3-2 win Evans Timothy Fosuh Mensah is a Dutch professional footballer who plays as a defensive/central mildfielder, centre-back or full-back for English club Manchester United. Born in Armsterdam, Mensah began his career with Ajax before moving to England in 2014. He made his professional debut at left-back on 28 February 2016 in a 3-2 Premier League Win at home to Arsenal replacing Marcos Rojo in the 55 th minute. Manchester United moved to snap up the highly-rated youngster from Ajax in the summer of 2014 beating a host of top European clubs in the process and if he is able to reach his potential, the Red Devils will have a real star on the...

I Have Been Sacked Six Times By The Media - Louis Van Gaal

  Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal has refused to discuss his future amid growing reports he will leave the club and be replaced by Jose Mourinho. When asked whether the FA Cup final win over Crystal Palace would be his final match in charge, he told a press conference: "I show you the cup. I don't discuss it with my friends in the media who already sack me for six months. "I do not want to talk about leaving." Source: Goal