Skip to main content

Heartland 0-0 Lobi Stars: Visitors secure precious away point in relegation battle

lobi star in action
Lobi Star
Heartland played out a goalless draw at home to Lobi Stars on Sunday at the Dan Anyiam Stadium,Owerri.
The Naze Millionaires started the game on the backfoot but they later clawed their way into the game with some brilliant display.
The game, which was used to commemorate the 21 years remembrance of two of the fallen heroes of the club who died in a plane crash on September 18, 1994, lacked the vibe and the zeal of a match the home team wanted to win.
There was a minute silence for the repose of the souls of Omale Aimola and Uche Ikeogu, two players who died in the Oriental Airline crash before the start of the match against the Pride of Benue.
Heartland lacked the cutting edge to get the necessary goals in the first half and they had Fortune Omoniwari who was doing all the dirty jobs in the attack but his best was not sufficient for the hosts.
The second half went the same way as Heartland could only settle for a point out of a possible three.
Heartland have 44 points from 30 matches while Lobi are on 36 points from 30 games.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Depay: I'm a team player

The Manchester United winger has acknowledged his form is "not very good" at present, but rejected suggestions he is selfish Netherlands winger Memphis Depay has rejected Danny Blind's suggestion that he is not a team player and insists he is working as hard as ever to rediscover his best form. The 21-year-old inspired PSV to the Eredivisie title last season but has struggled to adapt to the Premier League since joining Manchester United for €27.5 million during the summer. Netherlands boss Blind claimed last week that Depay "does not always function for the team" but still included the the forward in his squad for the upcoming friendlies with Wales and Germany. "When I spoke to Danny Blind [after linking up with Netherlands], it was a very good conversation," the Red Devils forward told  NOS . "I think I’m a team player and the other players in the team also think that. “I don’t think I’m in a difficult path of my career, as the media says...

I Have Been Sacked Six Times By The Media - Louis Van Gaal

  Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal has refused to discuss his future amid growing reports he will leave the club and be replaced by Jose Mourinho. When asked whether the FA Cup final win over Crystal Palace would be his final match in charge, he told a press conference: "I show you the cup. I don't discuss it with my friends in the media who already sack me for six months. "I do not want to talk about leaving." Source: Goal

Who Is Fosuh Mensah?

One For The Future; Fosuh Mensah TIMOTHY FOSUH MENSAH PROFILE Full Name: Evans Timothy Fosuh Mensah Date of   Birth: 2 nd January 1998 Place of Birth: Armsterdam , Holland Height: 1.90 m   Playing Position: Defender / Mildfielder Nationality: Holland Mensah's Debut Against Arsenal At Old Traffold In United's 3-2 win Evans Timothy Fosuh Mensah is a Dutch professional footballer who plays as a defensive/central mildfielder, centre-back or full-back for English club Manchester United. Born in Armsterdam, Mensah began his career with Ajax before moving to England in 2014. He made his professional debut at left-back on 28 February 2016 in a 3-2 Premier League Win at home to Arsenal replacing Marcos Rojo in the 55 th minute. Manchester United moved to snap up the highly-rated youngster from Ajax in the summer of 2014 beating a host of top European clubs in the process and if he is able to reach his potential, the Red Devils will have a real star on the...