Skip to main content

Mourinho Punishment Too Much - Pulis

Tony Pulis, manager of West Bromwich Albion greets Jose Mourinho, manager of Chelsea prior to the Barclays Premier League match between West Bromwich Albion and Chelsea at The Hawthorns on August 23, 2015
Mourinho And Pulis
West Bromwich Albion head coach Tony Pulis has questioned who will benefit from the £50,000 fine that has been handed to Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho.
After his seven-minute outburst in the aftermath of his side's 3-1 defeat to Southampton, Mourinho has been fined the five-figure sum by the Football Association, as well as been given a suspended one-match stadium ban.
However, Pulis has described the amount as "extraordinary", and called for greater transparency regarding where the money will be used.
The 57-year-old told reporters: "I think we need to have a meeting to find out what is going on or isn't going on. A fine of £50,000 is an extraordinary amount of money. I have been fined a few times by the FA for stepping out of line, but my argument is where does that money go?
"Does it go to charity? Does it go to the hundreds and hundreds of people who will jump on the back of the Eurostar? Where does that money go because when I asked about it, I didn't get a response. We talk about transparency, but if they are taking that amount of money off someone, which is his money, let's know where that money is going."
On Thursday, Mourinho called his punishment an "absolute disgrace".

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Depay: I'm a team player

The Manchester United winger has acknowledged his form is "not very good" at present, but rejected suggestions he is selfish Netherlands winger Memphis Depay has rejected Danny Blind's suggestion that he is not a team player and insists he is working as hard as ever to rediscover his best form. The 21-year-old inspired PSV to the Eredivisie title last season but has struggled to adapt to the Premier League since joining Manchester United for €27.5 million during the summer. Netherlands boss Blind claimed last week that Depay "does not always function for the team" but still included the the forward in his squad for the upcoming friendlies with Wales and Germany. "When I spoke to Danny Blind [after linking up with Netherlands], it was a very good conversation," the Red Devils forward told  NOS . "I think I’m a team player and the other players in the team also think that. “I don’t think I’m in a difficult path of my career, as the media says...

Who Is Fosuh Mensah?

One For The Future; Fosuh Mensah TIMOTHY FOSUH MENSAH PROFILE Full Name: Evans Timothy Fosuh Mensah Date of   Birth: 2 nd January 1998 Place of Birth: Armsterdam , Holland Height: 1.90 m   Playing Position: Defender / Mildfielder Nationality: Holland Mensah's Debut Against Arsenal At Old Traffold In United's 3-2 win Evans Timothy Fosuh Mensah is a Dutch professional footballer who plays as a defensive/central mildfielder, centre-back or full-back for English club Manchester United. Born in Armsterdam, Mensah began his career with Ajax before moving to England in 2014. He made his professional debut at left-back on 28 February 2016 in a 3-2 Premier League Win at home to Arsenal replacing Marcos Rojo in the 55 th minute. Manchester United moved to snap up the highly-rated youngster from Ajax in the summer of 2014 beating a host of top European clubs in the process and if he is able to reach his potential, the Red Devils will have a real star on the...

I Have Been Sacked Six Times By The Media - Louis Van Gaal

  Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal has refused to discuss his future amid growing reports he will leave the club and be replaced by Jose Mourinho. When asked whether the FA Cup final win over Crystal Palace would be his final match in charge, he told a press conference: "I show you the cup. I don't discuss it with my friends in the media who already sack me for six months. "I do not want to talk about leaving." Source: Goal