Skip to main content

Chelsea desperately need a lift to revive their fortunes in their Premier League title defence

Visit by Southampton at Stamford bridge will provide stern test as Jose Mourinho struggles to get Blues back on track
As Chelsea's problems deepen, Jose Mourinho will attempt to revive his side's disastrous campaign by masterminding a victory against Southampton at Stamford Bridge this weekend.

As Chelsea's problems deepen, Jose Mourinho will attempt to revive his side's disastrous campaign by masterminding a victory against Southampton at Stamford Bridge today.


The overhaul did not have the desired effectthe manager had hoped, with Chelsea slumping to a 2-1 defeat that reinforced the view that Mourinho's side this season are a shadow of the team that eased their way to the Premier League title in May.
The visit of Southampton will provide another stern test, with Saints manager Ronald Koeman voicing his confidence that his side can get something from the game after twice holding Chelsea last season.
Mourinho's men need a lift and injured keeper Thibaut Courtois expressed the frustration currently gripping the club.
The Belgium goalkeeper, now sidelined with a knee problem, said: "It is not easy, no, to see all that, and not be part of the team at the moment, and being unable to help.
"Tuesday, in the Champions League, they lost, playing a good game. But we will progress. And Saturday, we have to win at home. There is pressure, and I hope we will win. After that, there is the international break, and then I hope Chelsea win a series of matches.
"We have tough matches, but we must do better than now."
Chelsea's success last season was built on their defensive strength but Courtois' absence, together with Branislav Ivanovic's dramatic loss of form and John Terry's frequent demotion to the bench, means the back four is not what it was.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Depay: I'm a team player

The Manchester United winger has acknowledged his form is "not very good" at present, but rejected suggestions he is selfish Netherlands winger Memphis Depay has rejected Danny Blind's suggestion that he is not a team player and insists he is working as hard as ever to rediscover his best form. The 21-year-old inspired PSV to the Eredivisie title last season but has struggled to adapt to the Premier League since joining Manchester United for €27.5 million during the summer. Netherlands boss Blind claimed last week that Depay "does not always function for the team" but still included the the forward in his squad for the upcoming friendlies with Wales and Germany. "When I spoke to Danny Blind [after linking up with Netherlands], it was a very good conversation," the Red Devils forward told  NOS . "I think I’m a team player and the other players in the team also think that. “I don’t think I’m in a difficult path of my career, as the media says...

I Have Been Sacked Six Times By The Media - Louis Van Gaal

  Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal has refused to discuss his future amid growing reports he will leave the club and be replaced by Jose Mourinho. When asked whether the FA Cup final win over Crystal Palace would be his final match in charge, he told a press conference: "I show you the cup. I don't discuss it with my friends in the media who already sack me for six months. "I do not want to talk about leaving." Source: Goal

Who Is Fosuh Mensah?

One For The Future; Fosuh Mensah TIMOTHY FOSUH MENSAH PROFILE Full Name: Evans Timothy Fosuh Mensah Date of   Birth: 2 nd January 1998 Place of Birth: Armsterdam , Holland Height: 1.90 m   Playing Position: Defender / Mildfielder Nationality: Holland Mensah's Debut Against Arsenal At Old Traffold In United's 3-2 win Evans Timothy Fosuh Mensah is a Dutch professional footballer who plays as a defensive/central mildfielder, centre-back or full-back for English club Manchester United. Born in Armsterdam, Mensah began his career with Ajax before moving to England in 2014. He made his professional debut at left-back on 28 February 2016 in a 3-2 Premier League Win at home to Arsenal replacing Marcos Rojo in the 55 th minute. Manchester United moved to snap up the highly-rated youngster from Ajax in the summer of 2014 beating a host of top European clubs in the process and if he is able to reach his potential, the Red Devils will have a real star on the...