Skip to main content

Chelsea squad Supports Jose Mourinho, insists Ruben Loftus-Cheek

Jose Mourinho and Loftus  At a Press Conference
Jose Mourinho and Loftus  At a Press Conference
The midfielder believes the Stamford Bridge chief is the man to lead the defending champions from their nightmare start to the Premier League season.
Chelsea are 16th in the standings and 10 points adrift of leaders Manchester City in their bid to retain their title ahead of Saturday's visit of Aston Villa.
They have won just twice in eight league games to pile the pressure on Mourinho, but Loftus-Cheek revealed the Portuguese has the players' full support.
He said: "We think he is the manager for Chelsea.
"When he criticises you that's only so you get better so we are all backing Jose.
"He is always helping and that's what he wants to do. Whatever he does is to help a player and you have to take it in a good way."
The 19-year-old has played just 17 minutes of top-flight action - coming in the August defeat to Crystal Palace - this term as he battles to establish himself at Stamford Bridge. 
But with Oscar, Eden Hazard and Willian in front of him, Loftus-Cheek accepts he must bide his time.
"Anyone wants to play but I realise I'm at a top club and opportunities don't come around often," he said.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Depay: I'm a team player

The Manchester United winger has acknowledged his form is "not very good" at present, but rejected suggestions he is selfish Netherlands winger Memphis Depay has rejected Danny Blind's suggestion that he is not a team player and insists he is working as hard as ever to rediscover his best form. The 21-year-old inspired PSV to the Eredivisie title last season but has struggled to adapt to the Premier League since joining Manchester United for €27.5 million during the summer. Netherlands boss Blind claimed last week that Depay "does not always function for the team" but still included the the forward in his squad for the upcoming friendlies with Wales and Germany. "When I spoke to Danny Blind [after linking up with Netherlands], it was a very good conversation," the Red Devils forward told  NOS . "I think I’m a team player and the other players in the team also think that. “I don’t think I’m in a difficult path of my career, as the media says...

I Have Been Sacked Six Times By The Media - Louis Van Gaal

  Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal has refused to discuss his future amid growing reports he will leave the club and be replaced by Jose Mourinho. When asked whether the FA Cup final win over Crystal Palace would be his final match in charge, he told a press conference: "I show you the cup. I don't discuss it with my friends in the media who already sack me for six months. "I do not want to talk about leaving." Source: Goal

Who Is Fosuh Mensah?

One For The Future; Fosuh Mensah TIMOTHY FOSUH MENSAH PROFILE Full Name: Evans Timothy Fosuh Mensah Date of   Birth: 2 nd January 1998 Place of Birth: Armsterdam , Holland Height: 1.90 m   Playing Position: Defender / Mildfielder Nationality: Holland Mensah's Debut Against Arsenal At Old Traffold In United's 3-2 win Evans Timothy Fosuh Mensah is a Dutch professional footballer who plays as a defensive/central mildfielder, centre-back or full-back for English club Manchester United. Born in Armsterdam, Mensah began his career with Ajax before moving to England in 2014. He made his professional debut at left-back on 28 February 2016 in a 3-2 Premier League Win at home to Arsenal replacing Marcos Rojo in the 55 th minute. Manchester United moved to snap up the highly-rated youngster from Ajax in the summer of 2014 beating a host of top European clubs in the process and if he is able to reach his potential, the Red Devils will have a real star on the...