Skip to main content

Costa Warns Rivals:I Will Lift Chelsea To The Top Again

Diego Costa
Diego Costa Will Form Again
The Chelsea striker has been off colour this season, scoring just one Premier League goal in six appearances and was at the centre of the controversy during the win over Arsenal last month.
He was hit with a three-game ban for his altercation with Laurent Koscielny and was dropped by Vicente Del Bosque for Spain's Euro 2016 qualifiers with Luxembourg and Ukraine.
Last week he admitted he was out of shape at the start of the season, but the 27-year-old, who hasn't featured since Porto in the Champions League on September 29, believes he is ready to replicate last season's form.
“It’s been really important for me," he told Chelsea TV. "I have been able to train with my own specific schedule to help me get better and better.
“The sessions have been good and I have been able to benefit from being here. I’ve been working on what I needed to work on and I am happy about that."
Chelsea face Aston Villa on Saturday with both managers under pressure.
Following the Blues last defeat to Southampton Jose Mourinho staged an incredible post match speech in which he declared he was still the best manager the club had ever had and demanded the board backed him.
He was given a vote of confidence although pressure remains with reports the club have a contingency plan in place.
Diego Simeone and Carlo Ancelotti have been linked with the position with the later admitting he wanted to return to England.
Tim Sherwood, meanwhile, is also fighting for his job with Villa third bottom after eight games.
The club's chairman Randy Lerner is thought to be considering Brendan Rodgers and David Moyes should Sherwood not turn things around.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Depay: I'm a team player

The Manchester United winger has acknowledged his form is "not very good" at present, but rejected suggestions he is selfish Netherlands winger Memphis Depay has rejected Danny Blind's suggestion that he is not a team player and insists he is working as hard as ever to rediscover his best form. The 21-year-old inspired PSV to the Eredivisie title last season but has struggled to adapt to the Premier League since joining Manchester United for €27.5 million during the summer. Netherlands boss Blind claimed last week that Depay "does not always function for the team" but still included the the forward in his squad for the upcoming friendlies with Wales and Germany. "When I spoke to Danny Blind [after linking up with Netherlands], it was a very good conversation," the Red Devils forward told  NOS . "I think I’m a team player and the other players in the team also think that. “I don’t think I’m in a difficult path of my career, as the media says...

Who Is Fosuh Mensah?

One For The Future; Fosuh Mensah TIMOTHY FOSUH MENSAH PROFILE Full Name: Evans Timothy Fosuh Mensah Date of   Birth: 2 nd January 1998 Place of Birth: Armsterdam , Holland Height: 1.90 m   Playing Position: Defender / Mildfielder Nationality: Holland Mensah's Debut Against Arsenal At Old Traffold In United's 3-2 win Evans Timothy Fosuh Mensah is a Dutch professional footballer who plays as a defensive/central mildfielder, centre-back or full-back for English club Manchester United. Born in Armsterdam, Mensah began his career with Ajax before moving to England in 2014. He made his professional debut at left-back on 28 February 2016 in a 3-2 Premier League Win at home to Arsenal replacing Marcos Rojo in the 55 th minute. Manchester United moved to snap up the highly-rated youngster from Ajax in the summer of 2014 beating a host of top European clubs in the process and if he is able to reach his potential, the Red Devils will have a real star on the...

I Have Been Sacked Six Times By The Media - Louis Van Gaal

  Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal has refused to discuss his future amid growing reports he will leave the club and be replaced by Jose Mourinho. When asked whether the FA Cup final win over Crystal Palace would be his final match in charge, he told a press conference: "I show you the cup. I don't discuss it with my friends in the media who already sack me for six months. "I do not want to talk about leaving." Source: Goal