Skip to main content

Dutch Boss Worried About Van Persie Situation

Image result for robin van persie
Robin Van Persie

Holland coach Danny Blind admits he is concerned by the Robin van Persie's lack of game time at new club Fenerbahce.Van Persie joined the Turkish club from Manchester United in the summer but has started just six of his 12 appearances for the club thus far in 2015-16.The 32-year-old remains integral to the Dutch squad, and Blind admits that he is keen for the forward to start domestic games regularly."For Van Persie and for us this is not the most ideal situation,” Blind said. “You want your players to play."On Thursday he played an entire game against Celtic, but it’s not a good situation when one of your main players is not in the starting line-up weekly.”Blind, who succeeded Guus Hiddink at the helm in July, has endured a tough time as Netherlands boss with the nation on the brink of missing out on Euro 2016 after taking just 10 points from their eight qualifiers in Group A.The 54-year-old has also come under fire for picking five Ajax players in his recent squad, but he claims he is not showing any favouritism to his former club."I think that’s nonsense,” Blind said. "It does not interest me what club they are at."I try to select the best players, I do not know any coach who does not. The choices can always challenge you, but there are not preference.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Depay: I'm a team player

The Manchester United winger has acknowledged his form is "not very good" at present, but rejected suggestions he is selfish Netherlands winger Memphis Depay has rejected Danny Blind's suggestion that he is not a team player and insists he is working as hard as ever to rediscover his best form. The 21-year-old inspired PSV to the Eredivisie title last season but has struggled to adapt to the Premier League since joining Manchester United for €27.5 million during the summer. Netherlands boss Blind claimed last week that Depay "does not always function for the team" but still included the the forward in his squad for the upcoming friendlies with Wales and Germany. "When I spoke to Danny Blind [after linking up with Netherlands], it was a very good conversation," the Red Devils forward told  NOS . "I think I’m a team player and the other players in the team also think that. “I don’t think I’m in a difficult path of my career, as the media says...

I Have Been Sacked Six Times By The Media - Louis Van Gaal

  Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal has refused to discuss his future amid growing reports he will leave the club and be replaced by Jose Mourinho. When asked whether the FA Cup final win over Crystal Palace would be his final match in charge, he told a press conference: "I show you the cup. I don't discuss it with my friends in the media who already sack me for six months. "I do not want to talk about leaving." Source: Goal

Who Is Fosuh Mensah?

One For The Future; Fosuh Mensah TIMOTHY FOSUH MENSAH PROFILE Full Name: Evans Timothy Fosuh Mensah Date of   Birth: 2 nd January 1998 Place of Birth: Armsterdam , Holland Height: 1.90 m   Playing Position: Defender / Mildfielder Nationality: Holland Mensah's Debut Against Arsenal At Old Traffold In United's 3-2 win Evans Timothy Fosuh Mensah is a Dutch professional footballer who plays as a defensive/central mildfielder, centre-back or full-back for English club Manchester United. Born in Armsterdam, Mensah began his career with Ajax before moving to England in 2014. He made his professional debut at left-back on 28 February 2016 in a 3-2 Premier League Win at home to Arsenal replacing Marcos Rojo in the 55 th minute. Manchester United moved to snap up the highly-rated youngster from Ajax in the summer of 2014 beating a host of top European clubs in the process and if he is able to reach his potential, the Red Devils will have a real star on the...