Skip to main content

EDEN HAZARD: THIS IS MY TOUGHEST SPELL

The Belgian international has failed to score in eight Premier League appearances for Chelsea, who have endured some miserable form so far this season
Hazard: This is toughest spell of my career
Struggling Eden Hazard
Eden Hazard claims he is going through the most challenging phase of his career as Chelsea attempt to arrest their dismal early-season form.

Hazard swept the board for individual awards in the Premier League last season after inspiring Jose Mourinho's side to the title, but his standards have fallen markedly in 2015-16.

The former Lille star was dropped for Chelsea's 2-1 defeat to Porto last week after failing to score once in 11 appearances in all competitions so far this term.

Meanwhile, the English champions have already been beaten four times in the league after just eight games.

And Hazard admits it is a welcome distraction to turn his attention to international football as he aims to guide Belgium to the Euro 2016 finals.

"This is perhaps the most difficult period of my career. There are always ups and downs. I'm not certain what the problem is," he said.

"But we have to keep working hard to improve. It's always good to spend time with the national team, and even more so when things aren't going well for your club.

"I know I can do better. I have to be able to help the team win."

Belgium need a win from their trip to Andorra on Saturday to guarantee their place in the finals and Hazard concedes he is not sure what to expect.

"I know all the players in the Andorra team!" he joked, before adding: "No, seriously, I don't know any. But we'll be analysing the team."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Depay: I'm a team player

The Manchester United winger has acknowledged his form is "not very good" at present, but rejected suggestions he is selfish Netherlands winger Memphis Depay has rejected Danny Blind's suggestion that he is not a team player and insists he is working as hard as ever to rediscover his best form. The 21-year-old inspired PSV to the Eredivisie title last season but has struggled to adapt to the Premier League since joining Manchester United for €27.5 million during the summer. Netherlands boss Blind claimed last week that Depay "does not always function for the team" but still included the the forward in his squad for the upcoming friendlies with Wales and Germany. "When I spoke to Danny Blind [after linking up with Netherlands], it was a very good conversation," the Red Devils forward told  NOS . "I think I’m a team player and the other players in the team also think that. “I don’t think I’m in a difficult path of my career, as the media says...

I Have Been Sacked Six Times By The Media - Louis Van Gaal

  Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal has refused to discuss his future amid growing reports he will leave the club and be replaced by Jose Mourinho. When asked whether the FA Cup final win over Crystal Palace would be his final match in charge, he told a press conference: "I show you the cup. I don't discuss it with my friends in the media who already sack me for six months. "I do not want to talk about leaving." Source: Goal

Who Is Fosuh Mensah?

One For The Future; Fosuh Mensah TIMOTHY FOSUH MENSAH PROFILE Full Name: Evans Timothy Fosuh Mensah Date of   Birth: 2 nd January 1998 Place of Birth: Armsterdam , Holland Height: 1.90 m   Playing Position: Defender / Mildfielder Nationality: Holland Mensah's Debut Against Arsenal At Old Traffold In United's 3-2 win Evans Timothy Fosuh Mensah is a Dutch professional footballer who plays as a defensive/central mildfielder, centre-back or full-back for English club Manchester United. Born in Armsterdam, Mensah began his career with Ajax before moving to England in 2014. He made his professional debut at left-back on 28 February 2016 in a 3-2 Premier League Win at home to Arsenal replacing Marcos Rojo in the 55 th minute. Manchester United moved to snap up the highly-rated youngster from Ajax in the summer of 2014 beating a host of top European clubs in the process and if he is able to reach his potential, the Red Devils will have a real star on the...