Skip to main content

Eva Carneiro: Former Chelsea doctor hits the FA in the face over incident with Jose Mourinho

Former Chelsea doctor Eva Carneiro has broken her silence over the incident with manager Jose Mourinho during the first Premier League game of the campaign against Swansea to criticise the Football Association, which has "chosen to ignore" some of the evidence before clearing the manager. Carneiro said she was "at no stage requested" by the FA to make a statement about the Portuguese boss's alleged discriminatory remarks towards her during the game.
Carneiro and physiotherapist Jon Fearn were dropped from their first-team duties after Mourinho criticised them for going on to the pitch to treat Eden Hazard with his side already down to 10 men following the earlier dismissal of Thibaut Courtois. The FA opened an investigation after a member of the public complained but at the end of September, it announced Mourinho will face no disciplinary action – even though chairman Greg Dyke later accused the manager of committing "a failure of his personal judgment and public behaviour".
Carneiro has now made an official statement to express her disappointment with the FA while alleging she was abused during a game against West Ham United during the 2014-15 season.
"I was surprised to learn that the FA was allegedly investigating the incident of 8 August via the press. I was at no stage requested by the FA to make a statement. I wonder whether this might be the only formal investigation in this country where the evidence of the individuals involved in the incident was not considered relevant. Choosing to ignore some of the evidence will surely influence the outcome of the findings," Carneiro said in a statement, as reported by ITV.
"Last season I had a similar experience at a game at West Ham FC, where I was subject to verbal abuse. Following complaints by the public, the FA produced a communication to the press saying there had been no sexist chanting during this game. At no time was I approached for a statement despite the fact that vile unacceptable, sexually explicit abuse was clearly heard.
"It is incidents such as these and the lack of support from the football authorities that make it so difficult for women in the game. I admire what Heather Rabbatts has done and thank her and friends and colleagues who have supported me at this very difficult time."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Depay: I'm a team player

The Manchester United winger has acknowledged his form is "not very good" at present, but rejected suggestions he is selfish Netherlands winger Memphis Depay has rejected Danny Blind's suggestion that he is not a team player and insists he is working as hard as ever to rediscover his best form. The 21-year-old inspired PSV to the Eredivisie title last season but has struggled to adapt to the Premier League since joining Manchester United for €27.5 million during the summer. Netherlands boss Blind claimed last week that Depay "does not always function for the team" but still included the the forward in his squad for the upcoming friendlies with Wales and Germany. "When I spoke to Danny Blind [after linking up with Netherlands], it was a very good conversation," the Red Devils forward told  NOS . "I think I’m a team player and the other players in the team also think that. “I don’t think I’m in a difficult path of my career, as the media says...

Who Is Fosuh Mensah?

One For The Future; Fosuh Mensah TIMOTHY FOSUH MENSAH PROFILE Full Name: Evans Timothy Fosuh Mensah Date of   Birth: 2 nd January 1998 Place of Birth: Armsterdam , Holland Height: 1.90 m   Playing Position: Defender / Mildfielder Nationality: Holland Mensah's Debut Against Arsenal At Old Traffold In United's 3-2 win Evans Timothy Fosuh Mensah is a Dutch professional footballer who plays as a defensive/central mildfielder, centre-back or full-back for English club Manchester United. Born in Armsterdam, Mensah began his career with Ajax before moving to England in 2014. He made his professional debut at left-back on 28 February 2016 in a 3-2 Premier League Win at home to Arsenal replacing Marcos Rojo in the 55 th minute. Manchester United moved to snap up the highly-rated youngster from Ajax in the summer of 2014 beating a host of top European clubs in the process and if he is able to reach his potential, the Red Devils will have a real star on the...

I Have Been Sacked Six Times By The Media - Louis Van Gaal

  Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal has refused to discuss his future amid growing reports he will leave the club and be replaced by Jose Mourinho. When asked whether the FA Cup final win over Crystal Palace would be his final match in charge, he told a press conference: "I show you the cup. I don't discuss it with my friends in the media who already sack me for six months. "I do not want to talk about leaving." Source: Goal