Skip to main content

Fabregas Warns Arsenal, Manchester United and City About Title Chances

Fabregas Warns Arsenal, Manchester United and City About Title Chances
Cesc Fabregas
The Blues have made a dreadful start to their title defence and sit 16th in the table after picking up a measly eight points from eight games.
It leaves them off the pace at the top of the table but current leaders Manchester City have already dropped six points and showed vulnerabilities in back-to-back defeats to West Ham and Tottenham.
Arsenal and Manchester United have also struggled to convince in their opening fixtures, offering Jose Mourinho's side glimmer of hope.
And despite their shocking form, Fabregas is confident  can turn their dire situation around and beat their rivals to the trophy.
"I still believe we can win the league," he told The Sun. "It's not going to be easy but a ten point gap at this stage of the season is not impossible.
"Last season, we took 22 points from our first eight games but this time every team has lost at least one.
"Manchester City lost to West Ham and Tottenham when no one expected it, Manchester United and Arsenal have also dropped points. No one at Chelsea is happy with our current position but I would prefer to be here now than at the end of the season.
"It's not how we start the campaign, it's where we finish it. There is still almost 80 per cent of the season to go so we have more than enough time to recover. But we need to start that recovery this weekend."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Depay: I'm a team player

The Manchester United winger has acknowledged his form is "not very good" at present, but rejected suggestions he is selfish Netherlands winger Memphis Depay has rejected Danny Blind's suggestion that he is not a team player and insists he is working as hard as ever to rediscover his best form. The 21-year-old inspired PSV to the Eredivisie title last season but has struggled to adapt to the Premier League since joining Manchester United for €27.5 million during the summer. Netherlands boss Blind claimed last week that Depay "does not always function for the team" but still included the the forward in his squad for the upcoming friendlies with Wales and Germany. "When I spoke to Danny Blind [after linking up with Netherlands], it was a very good conversation," the Red Devils forward told  NOS . "I think I’m a team player and the other players in the team also think that. “I don’t think I’m in a difficult path of my career, as the media says...

I Have Been Sacked Six Times By The Media - Louis Van Gaal

  Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal has refused to discuss his future amid growing reports he will leave the club and be replaced by Jose Mourinho. When asked whether the FA Cup final win over Crystal Palace would be his final match in charge, he told a press conference: "I show you the cup. I don't discuss it with my friends in the media who already sack me for six months. "I do not want to talk about leaving." Source: Goal

Who Is Fosuh Mensah?

One For The Future; Fosuh Mensah TIMOTHY FOSUH MENSAH PROFILE Full Name: Evans Timothy Fosuh Mensah Date of   Birth: 2 nd January 1998 Place of Birth: Armsterdam , Holland Height: 1.90 m   Playing Position: Defender / Mildfielder Nationality: Holland Mensah's Debut Against Arsenal At Old Traffold In United's 3-2 win Evans Timothy Fosuh Mensah is a Dutch professional footballer who plays as a defensive/central mildfielder, centre-back or full-back for English club Manchester United. Born in Armsterdam, Mensah began his career with Ajax before moving to England in 2014. He made his professional debut at left-back on 28 February 2016 in a 3-2 Premier League Win at home to Arsenal replacing Marcos Rojo in the 55 th minute. Manchester United moved to snap up the highly-rated youngster from Ajax in the summer of 2014 beating a host of top European clubs in the process and if he is able to reach his potential, the Red Devils will have a real star on the...