Skip to main content

I'll quit if players turn on me says Jose Mourinho

Stranded chelsea players outclassed at the bridge

Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho says the only reason he would ever resign from his job at Stamford Bridge would be if he lost the trust of his players.

The Portuguese has come under pressure after a poor start to the season with Saturday’s loss to Southampton the Blues’ sixth defeat of the campaign.

Mourinho insisted after the game that he remains the right man for the job, despite his team languishing in 16th place, and has once again reiterated his desire to stay at the club.

"People can say what they want. I think you should go straight to the players," he told reporters.

"Get a table at Cobham next week - John Terry doesn't go to the national team, Diego Costa doesn't go, Ramires doesn't go. Ask them.

"If they tell you they don't trust me, that is the only thing that can make me resign. The only thing. But not fake sources. The players at the table."

Mourinho also insisted he was pleased with the way he was handling his current predicament and says his players will turn their current form around in time.

"In this moment it's not so easy and my feelings -- I'm so unhappy with the sport feeling of defeat but I am so happy with myself with the way I am facing this,” he added.

"Only Mother Nature can do it. They need to feel luck, they need to arrive at half-time winning 2-0, 3-0.

"They need to fly without pressure, they need to play and feel that everything is going in their favour. Not to feel this pressure, this panic, this negativity. Decisions against, unlucky, mistakes.

"They need it. Time will bring it. I don't know next match, in two matches, in three. For sure they will get that confidence back, for sure.''

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Depay: I'm a team player

The Manchester United winger has acknowledged his form is "not very good" at present, but rejected suggestions he is selfish Netherlands winger Memphis Depay has rejected Danny Blind's suggestion that he is not a team player and insists he is working as hard as ever to rediscover his best form. The 21-year-old inspired PSV to the Eredivisie title last season but has struggled to adapt to the Premier League since joining Manchester United for €27.5 million during the summer. Netherlands boss Blind claimed last week that Depay "does not always function for the team" but still included the the forward in his squad for the upcoming friendlies with Wales and Germany. "When I spoke to Danny Blind [after linking up with Netherlands], it was a very good conversation," the Red Devils forward told  NOS . "I think I’m a team player and the other players in the team also think that. “I don’t think I’m in a difficult path of my career, as the media says...

I Have Been Sacked Six Times By The Media - Louis Van Gaal

  Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal has refused to discuss his future amid growing reports he will leave the club and be replaced by Jose Mourinho. When asked whether the FA Cup final win over Crystal Palace would be his final match in charge, he told a press conference: "I show you the cup. I don't discuss it with my friends in the media who already sack me for six months. "I do not want to talk about leaving." Source: Goal

Who Is Fosuh Mensah?

One For The Future; Fosuh Mensah TIMOTHY FOSUH MENSAH PROFILE Full Name: Evans Timothy Fosuh Mensah Date of   Birth: 2 nd January 1998 Place of Birth: Armsterdam , Holland Height: 1.90 m   Playing Position: Defender / Mildfielder Nationality: Holland Mensah's Debut Against Arsenal At Old Traffold In United's 3-2 win Evans Timothy Fosuh Mensah is a Dutch professional footballer who plays as a defensive/central mildfielder, centre-back or full-back for English club Manchester United. Born in Armsterdam, Mensah began his career with Ajax before moving to England in 2014. He made his professional debut at left-back on 28 February 2016 in a 3-2 Premier League Win at home to Arsenal replacing Marcos Rojo in the 55 th minute. Manchester United moved to snap up the highly-rated youngster from Ajax in the summer of 2014 beating a host of top European clubs in the process and if he is able to reach his potential, the Red Devils will have a real star on the...