Skip to main content

insists Coleman: Real Madrid are not making Bale demands


Image result for bale madrid
Gareth Bale
Wales are free to use Gareth Bale as much as they want in their final Euro 2016 qualifier against Andorra on Tuesday, Chris Coleman has insisted.

Despite losing 2-0 away to Bosnia-Herzegovina on Saturday, Wales sealed qualification to the tournament in France next year thanks to Israel's surprise home defeat to Cyprus.

Bale's club Real Madrid have already seen Karim Benzema and Luka Modric suffer injuries during the international break, but the Wales manager denied reports the Santiago Bernabeu side were angry at the prospect of the forward's inclusion for the final match at home to Andorra in Cardiff.

"There has been no demand from Read Madrid on if he starts or how long he will play," Coleman said. "Real Madrid have always been first class."

Coleman, reflecting on his side's achievement in reaching their first major tournament since 1958, said he would be happy to face Bale's club team-mate Cristiano Ronaldo and Portugal in a pre-tournament friendly as they bid to fill a vacant spot in their calendar for November.

"I am the proudest I have ever been in my life," he said. "It is my biggest achievement in football

"We need to keep pushing forward. We can always get better and need to keep pushing.

"Portugal would be a good one, but they could be part of a mini-tournament in Miami. If not, we would be interested [in playing them].

"We would want it in Cardiff and it is possibly a good time to go to the Millennium Stadium and play in front of a big crowd."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Depay: I'm a team player

The Manchester United winger has acknowledged his form is "not very good" at present, but rejected suggestions he is selfish Netherlands winger Memphis Depay has rejected Danny Blind's suggestion that he is not a team player and insists he is working as hard as ever to rediscover his best form. The 21-year-old inspired PSV to the Eredivisie title last season but has struggled to adapt to the Premier League since joining Manchester United for €27.5 million during the summer. Netherlands boss Blind claimed last week that Depay "does not always function for the team" but still included the the forward in his squad for the upcoming friendlies with Wales and Germany. "When I spoke to Danny Blind [after linking up with Netherlands], it was a very good conversation," the Red Devils forward told  NOS . "I think I’m a team player and the other players in the team also think that. “I don’t think I’m in a difficult path of my career, as the media says...

Who Is Fosuh Mensah?

One For The Future; Fosuh Mensah TIMOTHY FOSUH MENSAH PROFILE Full Name: Evans Timothy Fosuh Mensah Date of   Birth: 2 nd January 1998 Place of Birth: Armsterdam , Holland Height: 1.90 m   Playing Position: Defender / Mildfielder Nationality: Holland Mensah's Debut Against Arsenal At Old Traffold In United's 3-2 win Evans Timothy Fosuh Mensah is a Dutch professional footballer who plays as a defensive/central mildfielder, centre-back or full-back for English club Manchester United. Born in Armsterdam, Mensah began his career with Ajax before moving to England in 2014. He made his professional debut at left-back on 28 February 2016 in a 3-2 Premier League Win at home to Arsenal replacing Marcos Rojo in the 55 th minute. Manchester United moved to snap up the highly-rated youngster from Ajax in the summer of 2014 beating a host of top European clubs in the process and if he is able to reach his potential, the Red Devils will have a real star on the...

I Have Been Sacked Six Times By The Media - Louis Van Gaal

  Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal has refused to discuss his future amid growing reports he will leave the club and be replaced by Jose Mourinho. When asked whether the FA Cup final win over Crystal Palace would be his final match in charge, he told a press conference: "I show you the cup. I don't discuss it with my friends in the media who already sack me for six months. "I do not want to talk about leaving." Source: Goal