Skip to main content

Mourinho: FA punishment a 'disgrace'... but at least I'm not tagged!

Mourinho: FA punishment a 'disgrace'... but at least I'm not tagged!
Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho

Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho has brandished the possibility of him being banned from a stadium by the Football Association as "astonishing".

The former Real Madrid boss was fined £50,000 and given a suspended stadium ban after criticising the officials during his side's 3-1 defeat to Southampton.

And at the launch of his new book, Mourinho, the Blues boss has hit out at the English governing body.

"I'm happy that I don't have an electronic tag!" he told reporters.

"I understand you are a critic, I do not understand your reaction to the FA and myself, every word I say is a big risk of me.
"£50,000 is a disgrace. The possibility of getting a stadium ban is astonishing."

The sentence had been handed down after the Portuguese accused match official Robert Madley of being "afraid" for waving away several Chelsea penalty appeals against the visiting Saints at the start of October.

Continuing to speak at his book launch, Mourinho elaborated that he felt he was the victim of double standards after seeing Arsenal counterpart Arsene Wenger escape punishment for similar comments made about Mike Dean after their loss to Chelsea in September.

Mourinho claimed Wenger described Dean as "weak and naive" but received no sanction, while also pointing out the FA took no action against the Frenchman for pushing him during their touchline altercation in their teams' clash in October 2014.

"When I compare different people, different behaviours, with similar words, the difference between 'afraid' and 'weak and naive' is £10,000 and one-match stadium ban," Mourinho blasted.
"Premier League managers have difficulties with the press, we have to do press when [we] would prefer not to.
"We now know we can push people, to say the referee is 'weak and naive' we can do it. 
"Every manager in this country knows 'afraid' costs £50,000 but 'weak and naive', we can do it."

The former Inter and Real Madrid coach has admitted to the current period being the most difficult one he has experienced in his career, with English champions Chelsea currently languishing 16th in the Premier League - 10 points behind leaders Manchester City.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Depay: I'm a team player

The Manchester United winger has acknowledged his form is "not very good" at present, but rejected suggestions he is selfish Netherlands winger Memphis Depay has rejected Danny Blind's suggestion that he is not a team player and insists he is working as hard as ever to rediscover his best form. The 21-year-old inspired PSV to the Eredivisie title last season but has struggled to adapt to the Premier League since joining Manchester United for €27.5 million during the summer. Netherlands boss Blind claimed last week that Depay "does not always function for the team" but still included the the forward in his squad for the upcoming friendlies with Wales and Germany. "When I spoke to Danny Blind [after linking up with Netherlands], it was a very good conversation," the Red Devils forward told  NOS . "I think I’m a team player and the other players in the team also think that. “I don’t think I’m in a difficult path of my career, as the media says...

I Have Been Sacked Six Times By The Media - Louis Van Gaal

  Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal has refused to discuss his future amid growing reports he will leave the club and be replaced by Jose Mourinho. When asked whether the FA Cup final win over Crystal Palace would be his final match in charge, he told a press conference: "I show you the cup. I don't discuss it with my friends in the media who already sack me for six months. "I do not want to talk about leaving." Source: Goal

Who Is Fosuh Mensah?

One For The Future; Fosuh Mensah TIMOTHY FOSUH MENSAH PROFILE Full Name: Evans Timothy Fosuh Mensah Date of   Birth: 2 nd January 1998 Place of Birth: Armsterdam , Holland Height: 1.90 m   Playing Position: Defender / Mildfielder Nationality: Holland Mensah's Debut Against Arsenal At Old Traffold In United's 3-2 win Evans Timothy Fosuh Mensah is a Dutch professional footballer who plays as a defensive/central mildfielder, centre-back or full-back for English club Manchester United. Born in Armsterdam, Mensah began his career with Ajax before moving to England in 2014. He made his professional debut at left-back on 28 February 2016 in a 3-2 Premier League Win at home to Arsenal replacing Marcos Rojo in the 55 th minute. Manchester United moved to snap up the highly-rated youngster from Ajax in the summer of 2014 beating a host of top European clubs in the process and if he is able to reach his potential, the Red Devils will have a real star on the...