Skip to main content

Victor Moses: Injury Behind Nigeria Absence

Image result for injured victor moses
Injured Victor Moses
Hammers forward Victor Moses has assured Nigerians he pulled out of the Super Eagles friendlies against DR Congo and Cameroon due to health concerns.The on-loan Chelsea player wrote to the Nigeria Football Federation on Sunday, requesting to be excused from the two games scheduled to hold in Belgium on Thursday and Sunday.While some analysts have interpreted his withdrawal from the games as a move to favour his club, the player wrote on Twitter that he would prefer to be 100 per cent fit whenever he plays for Nigeria.“Unfortunately I’m not fully fit and so can’t go with Nigeria this week but want to say I’m proud to be Nigerian and love my country. I will always give 100 per cent whenever I play for my country,” he wrote on Monday.As of Monday morning, only 15 of the invited payers had reported to camp in Belgium.Those including Chelsea’s Mikel Obi, Watford’s Odion Ighalo, Monaco’s Elderson Echiejile, CSKA Moscow’ Ahmed Musa, Celtic’s Efe Ambrose, Lazio Ogenyi Onazi,FK Haugesund’s William Troost-Ekong, FC UFA’s Sylvester Igbonu, AS Trencin’s Rabiu Ibrahim, KAA Gent’s Moses Simon, Al Ain’s Emmanuel Emenike, Wolverhampton Wanderers’ Carl Ikeme, FSV Mainz 05 defender Leon Balogun, Coimbra FC’s Obiora Nwankwo and Arsenal’s Alex Iwobi.The NFF has also announced that the games will be played in Vise (against DR Congo) and in Dendermonde (versus Cameroon).The friendlies are a preparation for the World Cup qualifier on November 9 against the winners of the fixtures between Swaziland and Djibouti.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Depay: I'm a team player

The Manchester United winger has acknowledged his form is "not very good" at present, but rejected suggestions he is selfish Netherlands winger Memphis Depay has rejected Danny Blind's suggestion that he is not a team player and insists he is working as hard as ever to rediscover his best form. The 21-year-old inspired PSV to the Eredivisie title last season but has struggled to adapt to the Premier League since joining Manchester United for €27.5 million during the summer. Netherlands boss Blind claimed last week that Depay "does not always function for the team" but still included the the forward in his squad for the upcoming friendlies with Wales and Germany. "When I spoke to Danny Blind [after linking up with Netherlands], it was a very good conversation," the Red Devils forward told  NOS . "I think I’m a team player and the other players in the team also think that. “I don’t think I’m in a difficult path of my career, as the media says...

Who Is Fosuh Mensah?

One For The Future; Fosuh Mensah TIMOTHY FOSUH MENSAH PROFILE Full Name: Evans Timothy Fosuh Mensah Date of   Birth: 2 nd January 1998 Place of Birth: Armsterdam , Holland Height: 1.90 m   Playing Position: Defender / Mildfielder Nationality: Holland Mensah's Debut Against Arsenal At Old Traffold In United's 3-2 win Evans Timothy Fosuh Mensah is a Dutch professional footballer who plays as a defensive/central mildfielder, centre-back or full-back for English club Manchester United. Born in Armsterdam, Mensah began his career with Ajax before moving to England in 2014. He made his professional debut at left-back on 28 February 2016 in a 3-2 Premier League Win at home to Arsenal replacing Marcos Rojo in the 55 th minute. Manchester United moved to snap up the highly-rated youngster from Ajax in the summer of 2014 beating a host of top European clubs in the process and if he is able to reach his potential, the Red Devils will have a real star on the...

I Have Been Sacked Six Times By The Media - Louis Van Gaal

  Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal has refused to discuss his future amid growing reports he will leave the club and be replaced by Jose Mourinho. When asked whether the FA Cup final win over Crystal Palace would be his final match in charge, he told a press conference: "I show you the cup. I don't discuss it with my friends in the media who already sack me for six months. "I do not want to talk about leaving." Source: Goal