Skip to main content

Ighalo Misses Watford Award



Super Eagles Star Odion Ighalo

The Nigeria international's stunning effort against Everton did not win the club’s award after polls ran on Twitter and the official site


Guedioura’s goal against Arsenal in the English FA Cup beat Odion Ighalo’s strike versus Everton to Watford 2015/16 Goal of the Season.

The strike placed third behind Guedioura and Almen Adbi’s goal against Stoke City at the Britannia Stadium.

Ighalo had five of his goals for the Hornets among the 10 shortlisted on the official website, alongside Troy Deeney effort, before being included in the final Twitter poll and subsequently being voted the winner.

The 26-year-old, who scored 15 goals on his Premier League debut helped the Vicarage Road outfit finish 13th having amassed 45 points from 38 games.

Goalkeeper Heurelho Gomes was the big winner at tonight's End of Season Awards Evening, picking up both the Player of the Season and Players' Player of the Season honours at Wembley Stadium.
The Brazilian was rewarded for his fine form displayed throughout the 2015/16 campaign, during which he played 39 times and kept an impressive 12 clean sheets.

AWARDS

Player of the season : Heurelho Gomes
Players player of the season: Heurelho Gomes
Team performance of the season: Liverpool (home), 3-0
Individual performance of the season : Heurelho Gomes v West Bromwich Albion
Young player of the season: Nathan Ake
Community ambassador of the season: Troy Deeney

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Depay: I'm a team player

The Manchester United winger has acknowledged his form is "not very good" at present, but rejected suggestions he is selfish Netherlands winger Memphis Depay has rejected Danny Blind's suggestion that he is not a team player and insists he is working as hard as ever to rediscover his best form. The 21-year-old inspired PSV to the Eredivisie title last season but has struggled to adapt to the Premier League since joining Manchester United for €27.5 million during the summer. Netherlands boss Blind claimed last week that Depay "does not always function for the team" but still included the the forward in his squad for the upcoming friendlies with Wales and Germany. "When I spoke to Danny Blind [after linking up with Netherlands], it was a very good conversation," the Red Devils forward told  NOS . "I think I’m a team player and the other players in the team also think that. “I don’t think I’m in a difficult path of my career, as the media says...

I Have Been Sacked Six Times By The Media - Louis Van Gaal

  Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal has refused to discuss his future amid growing reports he will leave the club and be replaced by Jose Mourinho. When asked whether the FA Cup final win over Crystal Palace would be his final match in charge, he told a press conference: "I show you the cup. I don't discuss it with my friends in the media who already sack me for six months. "I do not want to talk about leaving." Source: Goal

EAGLES BOSS ROHR WILL WORK WITH YOUTHS

  New Nigeria boss, Gernot Rohr has reiterated his desire to give some newly discovered young players to blossom in the senior national team. The German tactician started fringe players like Chidozie Awaziem, Wifred Ndidi, Shehu Abdullahi  in the team’s 3-0 victory against Akwa United in a friendly game played on Wednesday. He explained to Goal that he decided to bench the established players against the Promise Keepers as he hopes to  groom a new breed of Super Eagles. “ The game against Akwa United was to see the young players in action. I am sure that we can do it together if we play as a team and live well together,” Rohr told Reporters . “We will concentrate on raising young energetic players to make the Eagles strong." He also insisted that he would also special attention to the local based players. "I was in Spain to see the NPFL All Stars because I wanted to see young players coming from Nigeria and I picked some of them for this match,” he continued. “We should ...