Skip to main content

Who Is "Fikayo" Tomori The Chelsea Youth Prospect ?



chelsea starlet Tomori

FULL PROFILE

Full name: Oluwafikayomi Oluwadamilola "Fikayo" Tomori
Height: 1.85cm (6 ft 1 inch)
Date of birth: 19 December 1997 (Age 18) Place of birth: Calgary, Canada
Position: Defender

Oluwafikayomi Oluwadamilola "Fikayo" Tomori (born 19 December 1997) is a professional footballer who plays for Chelsea as a defender, is a Nigerian Born footballer with Multiple Nationalities having being born in Calgary, Canada and England through his upbringing having lived in the country since he was 8 years and of course Nigeria through his Parents.
Tomori joined Chelsea at U8 level and progressed through the clubs academy system. He was part of the Chelsea youth side which recorded back to back triumphs in both the UEFA Youth League and the FA Youth Cup in 2015 and 2016.
On 11 May 2016, Tomori was named upon the first-team substitute bench along with fellow academy players Kasey Palmer and Tammy Abraham, in Chelsea's 1–1 draw at anfield with Liverpool. However he failed to make an appearance at Anfield. In Chelsea's final game of the 2015/16 campaign on 15 May 2016, Tomori made his professional debut in a 1–1 draw with Premier League champions Leicester City, replacing Branislav Ivanović in the 60th minute.



CHELSEA CAREER PROGRESS


Fikayo Tomori joined the club as an Under-8 and has played predominantly on the right side of central defence or at right-back through the age groups. He made his youth team debut while still an Under-16 before going on to feature as a regular for Joe Edwards’s side in his first season as a scholar.
He started every game as the Under-18s successfully defended the Youth Cup and featured in eight of the 10 UEFA Youth League matches on the way to victory in Switzerland. His strong performances at the back also earned him an Under-21 debut and he made half a dozen appearances for Adi Viveash’s side before the end of the season.
Tomori signed a first-year professional contract in July 2015, which commits him to the club until the end of the 2017/18 season.
In April 2016 he scored the opening goal in the final of the UEFA Youth League as Chelsea beat Paris Saint-Germain 2-1 and followed it up with a goal in the second leg of the victorious FA Youth Cup final.

INTERNATIONAL CAREER

Tomori is eligible to represent Nigeria at international level through his parents, Canada through his birth in Calgary and England through his upbringing having lived in the country since he was a toddler. On 27 March 2016, Tomori captained Canada U20 to a 2–1 victory over England U20 on his first appearance for the nation. On 16 May 2016, in the next international break and a day after making his professional club debut, Tomori was called up to the England U19 squad.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Depay: I'm a team player

The Manchester United winger has acknowledged his form is "not very good" at present, but rejected suggestions he is selfish Netherlands winger Memphis Depay has rejected Danny Blind's suggestion that he is not a team player and insists he is working as hard as ever to rediscover his best form. The 21-year-old inspired PSV to the Eredivisie title last season but has struggled to adapt to the Premier League since joining Manchester United for €27.5 million during the summer. Netherlands boss Blind claimed last week that Depay "does not always function for the team" but still included the the forward in his squad for the upcoming friendlies with Wales and Germany. "When I spoke to Danny Blind [after linking up with Netherlands], it was a very good conversation," the Red Devils forward told  NOS . "I think I’m a team player and the other players in the team also think that. “I don’t think I’m in a difficult path of my career, as the media says...

I Have Been Sacked Six Times By The Media - Louis Van Gaal

  Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal has refused to discuss his future amid growing reports he will leave the club and be replaced by Jose Mourinho. When asked whether the FA Cup final win over Crystal Palace would be his final match in charge, he told a press conference: "I show you the cup. I don't discuss it with my friends in the media who already sack me for six months. "I do not want to talk about leaving." Source: Goal

EAGLES BOSS ROHR WILL WORK WITH YOUTHS

  New Nigeria boss, Gernot Rohr has reiterated his desire to give some newly discovered young players to blossom in the senior national team. The German tactician started fringe players like Chidozie Awaziem, Wifred Ndidi, Shehu Abdullahi  in the team’s 3-0 victory against Akwa United in a friendly game played on Wednesday. He explained to Goal that he decided to bench the established players against the Promise Keepers as he hopes to  groom a new breed of Super Eagles. “ The game against Akwa United was to see the young players in action. I am sure that we can do it together if we play as a team and live well together,” Rohr told Reporters . “We will concentrate on raising young energetic players to make the Eagles strong." He also insisted that he would also special attention to the local based players. "I was in Spain to see the NPFL All Stars because I wanted to see young players coming from Nigeria and I picked some of them for this match,” he continued. “We should ...