Skip to main content

Memphis Will Come Back Stronger after FA Cup final snub - Man Utd hero Dwight Yorke


Memphis has not been included in Man United's FA Cup final squad

The Holland international has been left out of Louis van Gaal’s squad for the FA Cup final later today with Crystal Palace.
And former Red Devils striker Yorke feels Memphis has endured a tough learning curve this campaign.
“It's a bit of a shame really, because when he came he came with a big reputation. Coming out of Dutch football he'd done really well and scored a lot of goals, and he got off to the perfect start at Manchester United,” he said.
“Unfortunately it hasn't worked out that way for him, and he's found it very difficult
“He's still a young man, he's only 22. Hopefully this will be a learning curve, and he'll come back next year stronger and fitter and raring to go.
“But this will be a massive disappointment for him, not being in the squad for Wembley tomorrow.”
Van Gaal has remained quiet regarding his squad selection leading up to the showpiece game but United’s squad were pictured boarding a train giving away those who have been left behind.
He said: “(Telling the players they are not in the squad) Is the most difficult thing because every player has worked and given their best to perform.

angry memphis
Angry Memphis Leaves Carrington Very Annoyed After Fa Cup Final Snub


“They are human beings and I have to compare (them) in this moment and the fans and the media don't always realise that. I have to compare and decide.
“I had to tell five players that they are not involved, four players are more or less injured so that's not as difficult and they know already. But five are out of the squad.”
Memphis is one of only two United players to be named in all 58 matchday squads this season along with Daley Blind.
But Van Gaal’s FA Cup final snub ends a miserable season for the Dutch starlet.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Depay: I'm a team player

The Manchester United winger has acknowledged his form is "not very good" at present, but rejected suggestions he is selfish Netherlands winger Memphis Depay has rejected Danny Blind's suggestion that he is not a team player and insists he is working as hard as ever to rediscover his best form. The 21-year-old inspired PSV to the Eredivisie title last season but has struggled to adapt to the Premier League since joining Manchester United for €27.5 million during the summer. Netherlands boss Blind claimed last week that Depay "does not always function for the team" but still included the the forward in his squad for the upcoming friendlies with Wales and Germany. "When I spoke to Danny Blind [after linking up with Netherlands], it was a very good conversation," the Red Devils forward told  NOS . "I think I’m a team player and the other players in the team also think that. “I don’t think I’m in a difficult path of my career, as the media says...

I Have Been Sacked Six Times By The Media - Louis Van Gaal

  Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal has refused to discuss his future amid growing reports he will leave the club and be replaced by Jose Mourinho. When asked whether the FA Cup final win over Crystal Palace would be his final match in charge, he told a press conference: "I show you the cup. I don't discuss it with my friends in the media who already sack me for six months. "I do not want to talk about leaving." Source: Goal

EAGLES BOSS ROHR WILL WORK WITH YOUTHS

  New Nigeria boss, Gernot Rohr has reiterated his desire to give some newly discovered young players to blossom in the senior national team. The German tactician started fringe players like Chidozie Awaziem, Wifred Ndidi, Shehu Abdullahi  in the team’s 3-0 victory against Akwa United in a friendly game played on Wednesday. He explained to Goal that he decided to bench the established players against the Promise Keepers as he hopes to  groom a new breed of Super Eagles. “ The game against Akwa United was to see the young players in action. I am sure that we can do it together if we play as a team and live well together,” Rohr told Reporters . “We will concentrate on raising young energetic players to make the Eagles strong." He also insisted that he would also special attention to the local based players. "I was in Spain to see the NPFL All Stars because I wanted to see young players coming from Nigeria and I picked some of them for this match,” he continued. “We should ...