Skip to main content

Guus Hindink Staying At Chelsea Next Season

Guus Hindink Staying At Chelsea Next Season

The Dutchman will stay on at Stamford Bridge after his time in charge of the first team came to an end, and hopes to bring the club's legends back to take up administrative roles

Guus Hiddink has confirmed he is to stay at Chelsea in an advisory role and will try to lure club legends such as Didier Drogba and Petr Cech back to Stamford Bridge once they hang up their boots.
The Dutchman replaced Jose Mourinho as the man in charge following the latter's departure in December 2015, but will make way for new manager Antonio Conte next season.

But Hiddink says he will not leave the Premier League club altogether and shed light on the position awaiting him behind the scenes.

"Technical advisor is a big word, but I will indeed hold an advisory role," he told Fox Sports.
"I want to involve former Chelsea players. I spoke with Drogba last week, I have spoken with Cech. These guys are true Chelsea legends and have had such an impact at the club.
"Chelsea are an old club, but they have only been there at the highest level for about 15 years or so. These older guys want the best for Chelsea and can do a lot for the club once they have ended their active careers.

"One might go for a commercial career, another might pursue a job as assistant manager and another might be interested in a scouting position. You can make such good use of guys like them. I have the freedom to approach former players for things like that."

Trying to get former players involved will not be Hiddink's only job, however, as he also aims to help more youngsters make the step up from the club's youth academy into the first team.
"You often see that young players struggle to make the step up to the first team. You have to slowly ease them into it, or they will do too much," Hiddink added.

"I did that with Bertrand Traore and Ruben Loftus-Cheek [this season], but more players should be making the step up."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Depay: I'm a team player

The Manchester United winger has acknowledged his form is "not very good" at present, but rejected suggestions he is selfish Netherlands winger Memphis Depay has rejected Danny Blind's suggestion that he is not a team player and insists he is working as hard as ever to rediscover his best form. The 21-year-old inspired PSV to the Eredivisie title last season but has struggled to adapt to the Premier League since joining Manchester United for €27.5 million during the summer. Netherlands boss Blind claimed last week that Depay "does not always function for the team" but still included the the forward in his squad for the upcoming friendlies with Wales and Germany. "When I spoke to Danny Blind [after linking up with Netherlands], it was a very good conversation," the Red Devils forward told  NOS . "I think I’m a team player and the other players in the team also think that. “I don’t think I’m in a difficult path of my career, as the media says...

I Have Been Sacked Six Times By The Media - Louis Van Gaal

  Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal has refused to discuss his future amid growing reports he will leave the club and be replaced by Jose Mourinho. When asked whether the FA Cup final win over Crystal Palace would be his final match in charge, he told a press conference: "I show you the cup. I don't discuss it with my friends in the media who already sack me for six months. "I do not want to talk about leaving." Source: Goal

Who Is Fosuh Mensah?

One For The Future; Fosuh Mensah TIMOTHY FOSUH MENSAH PROFILE Full Name: Evans Timothy Fosuh Mensah Date of   Birth: 2 nd January 1998 Place of Birth: Armsterdam , Holland Height: 1.90 m   Playing Position: Defender / Mildfielder Nationality: Holland Mensah's Debut Against Arsenal At Old Traffold In United's 3-2 win Evans Timothy Fosuh Mensah is a Dutch professional footballer who plays as a defensive/central mildfielder, centre-back or full-back for English club Manchester United. Born in Armsterdam, Mensah began his career with Ajax before moving to England in 2014. He made his professional debut at left-back on 28 February 2016 in a 3-2 Premier League Win at home to Arsenal replacing Marcos Rojo in the 55 th minute. Manchester United moved to snap up the highly-rated youngster from Ajax in the summer of 2014 beating a host of top European clubs in the process and if he is able to reach his potential, the Red Devils will have a real star on the...