Skip to main content

Ronaldo's Professionalism And Dedication To Duty Makes Him First - Ancelotti

Ancelotti praises Ronaldo professionalism: He chose ice baths over Irina! 
 
The Italian coach revealed that the forward often left his former partner waiting at home in the early hours, and affirmed money did not motivate him
Carlo Ancelotti has praised Cristiano Ronaldo's professionalism, using a curious example to demonstrate the Real Madrid star's dedication to his football.

The Portugal international spent two years under Ancelotti's wing at the Santiago Bernabeu, and lifted the Champions League together in May 2014 before the coach was removed from his post 12 months later.

And Ancelotti was struck with his charge's attitude to training - although Ronaldo might not be too happy with the anecdote chosen during a chat with the Financial Times.

The newspaper reveals that the star would stay at the Real Madrid training base until 3 am taking an ice bath: "Even though he had [model and former partner] Irina Shayk waiting for him at home," Ancelotti laughed.

"He does not care about money, he just wants to be the first."

Girlfriend-ignoring forwards aside, Ancelotti added that not all players shared Ronaldo's fanatical attention to detail.

The Italian, who will be taking the reins at Bayern Munich when Pep Guardiola steps down to leave for Manchester City, admitted that some flexibility is essential for the job of coaching - as is cracking the whip when necessary.

"There are things where you can be elastic, and things where you must be strong," he explains.

"If the players say, 'coach, we have a tough week, can we stay in bed one more hour?' that is OK. But when I have a meeting before the game, you must be on time.

"At Chelsea, we had a meeting at 10.30 am and [Didier] Drogba was not there. I don't know if it was traffic or what. He came at 11. He didn't play."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Depay: I'm a team player

The Manchester United winger has acknowledged his form is "not very good" at present, but rejected suggestions he is selfish Netherlands winger Memphis Depay has rejected Danny Blind's suggestion that he is not a team player and insists he is working as hard as ever to rediscover his best form. The 21-year-old inspired PSV to the Eredivisie title last season but has struggled to adapt to the Premier League since joining Manchester United for €27.5 million during the summer. Netherlands boss Blind claimed last week that Depay "does not always function for the team" but still included the the forward in his squad for the upcoming friendlies with Wales and Germany. "When I spoke to Danny Blind [after linking up with Netherlands], it was a very good conversation," the Red Devils forward told  NOS . "I think I’m a team player and the other players in the team also think that. “I don’t think I’m in a difficult path of my career, as the media says...

I Have Been Sacked Six Times By The Media - Louis Van Gaal

  Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal has refused to discuss his future amid growing reports he will leave the club and be replaced by Jose Mourinho. When asked whether the FA Cup final win over Crystal Palace would be his final match in charge, he told a press conference: "I show you the cup. I don't discuss it with my friends in the media who already sack me for six months. "I do not want to talk about leaving." Source: Goal

Who Is Fosuh Mensah?

One For The Future; Fosuh Mensah TIMOTHY FOSUH MENSAH PROFILE Full Name: Evans Timothy Fosuh Mensah Date of   Birth: 2 nd January 1998 Place of Birth: Armsterdam , Holland Height: 1.90 m   Playing Position: Defender / Mildfielder Nationality: Holland Mensah's Debut Against Arsenal At Old Traffold In United's 3-2 win Evans Timothy Fosuh Mensah is a Dutch professional footballer who plays as a defensive/central mildfielder, centre-back or full-back for English club Manchester United. Born in Armsterdam, Mensah began his career with Ajax before moving to England in 2014. He made his professional debut at left-back on 28 February 2016 in a 3-2 Premier League Win at home to Arsenal replacing Marcos Rojo in the 55 th minute. Manchester United moved to snap up the highly-rated youngster from Ajax in the summer of 2014 beating a host of top European clubs in the process and if he is able to reach his potential, the Red Devils will have a real star on the...