Skip to main content

Brendan Rodgers Blamed For Europa League Defeat By Liverpool Legend

brendan rodgers blamed for europa cup defeat

Brendan Rodgers should be blamed for Liverpool’s defeat in the Europa League final, according to Kopps Legend Mark Lawrenson.

Daniel Sturridge opened the scoring for Jurgen Klopp’s side against Sevilla with a superb strike  but a woeful second half allowed the Spanish club to score three without reply.

Alberto Moreno has been heavily criticised for his performance during the dramatic loss and Lawrenson, who won five league titles and the European Cup during his seven seasons at Liverpool, believes Brendan Rodgers is at fault for deciding to sign the Spanish left-back.

"Let's rewind, Liverpool didn't have by the end of August another player who could play left-back unless they moved Nathaniel Clyne from the right. Jose Enrique was never going to play,” Lawrenson told BBC 5Live.

"I'm sorry, Brendan Rodgers gets the blame for me. Moreno has made mistakes all season, basic errors. Where was he for Villarreal's goal the other week? He was trying to score a goal at the other end."

Kevin Gameiro scored 17 seconds into the second period before two goals in quick succession late on from Coke helped the Spanish outfit lifte their third consecutive Europa League trophy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Depay: I'm a team player

The Manchester United winger has acknowledged his form is "not very good" at present, but rejected suggestions he is selfish Netherlands winger Memphis Depay has rejected Danny Blind's suggestion that he is not a team player and insists he is working as hard as ever to rediscover his best form. The 21-year-old inspired PSV to the Eredivisie title last season but has struggled to adapt to the Premier League since joining Manchester United for €27.5 million during the summer. Netherlands boss Blind claimed last week that Depay "does not always function for the team" but still included the the forward in his squad for the upcoming friendlies with Wales and Germany. "When I spoke to Danny Blind [after linking up with Netherlands], it was a very good conversation," the Red Devils forward told  NOS . "I think I’m a team player and the other players in the team also think that. “I don’t think I’m in a difficult path of my career, as the media says...

I Have Been Sacked Six Times By The Media - Louis Van Gaal

  Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal has refused to discuss his future amid growing reports he will leave the club and be replaced by Jose Mourinho. When asked whether the FA Cup final win over Crystal Palace would be his final match in charge, he told a press conference: "I show you the cup. I don't discuss it with my friends in the media who already sack me for six months. "I do not want to talk about leaving." Source: Goal

Who Is Fosuh Mensah?

One For The Future; Fosuh Mensah TIMOTHY FOSUH MENSAH PROFILE Full Name: Evans Timothy Fosuh Mensah Date of   Birth: 2 nd January 1998 Place of Birth: Armsterdam , Holland Height: 1.90 m   Playing Position: Defender / Mildfielder Nationality: Holland Mensah's Debut Against Arsenal At Old Traffold In United's 3-2 win Evans Timothy Fosuh Mensah is a Dutch professional footballer who plays as a defensive/central mildfielder, centre-back or full-back for English club Manchester United. Born in Armsterdam, Mensah began his career with Ajax before moving to England in 2014. He made his professional debut at left-back on 28 February 2016 in a 3-2 Premier League Win at home to Arsenal replacing Marcos Rojo in the 55 th minute. Manchester United moved to snap up the highly-rated youngster from Ajax in the summer of 2014 beating a host of top European clubs in the process and if he is able to reach his potential, the Red Devils will have a real star on the...