Skip to main content

Van Gaal Has Broken His Promise With Me - Pereira



'I'm waiting for Van Gaal to keep his word' – Pereira frustrated by lack of game time at Man Utd

The 20-year-old wanted out on loan during the January window but was concinced to stay with the promise of first-team football, an opportunity he has barely had.

Manchester United midfielder Andreas Pereira has claimed that manager Louis van Gaal broke a promise to him in January as he was persuaded to remain at the club with the promise he would be given more regular action.

The Belgian-born player has only played 80 Premier League minutes this term and has confessed that being overlooked by Van Gaal has been a frustrating experience.

"I wanted to be loaned out in January in order to play more and to keep developing myself, but Van Gaal told me that he did not want me to be loaned out. He told me to stay in Manchester because he would use me and that I would play," the 20-year-old said during an interview.

"I told him that was fine, and that if I could stay and play then I would. He did not let me leave. I took the decision and now I'm training, doing my job and waiting for him to fulfil his word.

"Of course I expected to play more. I think that I deserved the chance. I did well in the games that I had the opportunity to play, but football can be like that.

"My manager has not given me this opportunity yet and I will keep working hard, waiting for the chances. If they've not come this year, then maybe next season, but I'll be ready. I'm very calm because everyone sees that I'm playing well and that I deserve my shot."


Brazil Under-23 international Pereira reserved praise for Sir Alex Ferguson, who signed him in 2011, and believes it was always going to be tough for his successor, with first David Moyes and now Van Gaal struggling to meet expectations.

"Ferguson was an outstanding manager," Pereira explained. "The respect he had in the club was extraordinary. Everywhere he went in the club, you could feel the respect for him. And he is very humble, honest and a good person.

"He greeted everyone and it was funny because wherever he went, everyone was quiet and you felt that he had that very large presence. I never forgot this, and that's why I think that is difficult for any coach, not only Van Gaal or Moyes, but anyone, to make a difference after a coach like Ferguson.
"For me, he was the best coach in the world. To stay almost 30 years at a club is very rare, so it's almost impossible for another coach to arrive and to do the same as him, or to do it better. But this pressure will always exist."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Depay: I'm a team player

The Manchester United winger has acknowledged his form is "not very good" at present, but rejected suggestions he is selfish Netherlands winger Memphis Depay has rejected Danny Blind's suggestion that he is not a team player and insists he is working as hard as ever to rediscover his best form. The 21-year-old inspired PSV to the Eredivisie title last season but has struggled to adapt to the Premier League since joining Manchester United for €27.5 million during the summer. Netherlands boss Blind claimed last week that Depay "does not always function for the team" but still included the the forward in his squad for the upcoming friendlies with Wales and Germany. "When I spoke to Danny Blind [after linking up with Netherlands], it was a very good conversation," the Red Devils forward told  NOS . "I think I’m a team player and the other players in the team also think that. “I don’t think I’m in a difficult path of my career, as the media says...

I Have Been Sacked Six Times By The Media - Louis Van Gaal

  Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal has refused to discuss his future amid growing reports he will leave the club and be replaced by Jose Mourinho. When asked whether the FA Cup final win over Crystal Palace would be his final match in charge, he told a press conference: "I show you the cup. I don't discuss it with my friends in the media who already sack me for six months. "I do not want to talk about leaving." Source: Goal

Who Is Fosuh Mensah?

One For The Future; Fosuh Mensah TIMOTHY FOSUH MENSAH PROFILE Full Name: Evans Timothy Fosuh Mensah Date of   Birth: 2 nd January 1998 Place of Birth: Armsterdam , Holland Height: 1.90 m   Playing Position: Defender / Mildfielder Nationality: Holland Mensah's Debut Against Arsenal At Old Traffold In United's 3-2 win Evans Timothy Fosuh Mensah is a Dutch professional footballer who plays as a defensive/central mildfielder, centre-back or full-back for English club Manchester United. Born in Armsterdam, Mensah began his career with Ajax before moving to England in 2014. He made his professional debut at left-back on 28 February 2016 in a 3-2 Premier League Win at home to Arsenal replacing Marcos Rojo in the 55 th minute. Manchester United moved to snap up the highly-rated youngster from Ajax in the summer of 2014 beating a host of top European clubs in the process and if he is able to reach his potential, the Red Devils will have a real star on the...