Skip to main content

Carlo Ancelotti: Sir Alex's Expensive Wine Couldn't Buy Me For United

 Carlo Ancelotti: Sir Alex's Expensive Wine Couldn't Buy Me For United

Carlo Ancelotti has lifted the lid on why he decided not to replace Sir Alex Ferguson at Manchester United.
The Italian was approached by the legendary United boss in 2013 with a view to taking over from him at Old Trafford.
Ferguson's charm offensive included taking next season's Bayern Munich manager for a slap-up meal in Paris and treating him to some 'really expensive' win.
However, Ancelotti said he could not turn down the opportunity he had been offered to take charge of Real Madrid.
“I had already spoken to Real Madrid,” he told the Times.
“For the experience, a manager has to go to Madrid. If it hadn’t been for that, I would have come, 100 per cent.”
The job eventually fell to Everton manager David Moyes, who lasted just ten months before being sacked and replaced by Louis van Gaal.
Ancelotti was reportedly sounding out about replacing the Dutch coach this season, but will replace Pep Guardiola at the Allianz Arena instead.
As he prepares for a new challenge in Germany, the veteran coach is proud of his career despite having been given the boot at Chelsea and Real Madrid in recent years.
“There is no manager in their career that is not sacked," he said.
"Ferguson was sacked, [Marcello] Lippi sacked, [Fabio] Capello sacked, [Jose] Mourinho sacked, [Rafa] Benítez.
"The only one not sacked is Guardiola, but he’s still really young. He has plenty of time. One day he will come into our club, the Sack Club.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Depay: I'm a team player

The Manchester United winger has acknowledged his form is "not very good" at present, but rejected suggestions he is selfish Netherlands winger Memphis Depay has rejected Danny Blind's suggestion that he is not a team player and insists he is working as hard as ever to rediscover his best form. The 21-year-old inspired PSV to the Eredivisie title last season but has struggled to adapt to the Premier League since joining Manchester United for €27.5 million during the summer. Netherlands boss Blind claimed last week that Depay "does not always function for the team" but still included the the forward in his squad for the upcoming friendlies with Wales and Germany. "When I spoke to Danny Blind [after linking up with Netherlands], it was a very good conversation," the Red Devils forward told  NOS . "I think I’m a team player and the other players in the team also think that. “I don’t think I’m in a difficult path of my career, as the media says...

I Have Been Sacked Six Times By The Media - Louis Van Gaal

  Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal has refused to discuss his future amid growing reports he will leave the club and be replaced by Jose Mourinho. When asked whether the FA Cup final win over Crystal Palace would be his final match in charge, he told a press conference: "I show you the cup. I don't discuss it with my friends in the media who already sack me for six months. "I do not want to talk about leaving." Source: Goal

Who Is Fosuh Mensah?

One For The Future; Fosuh Mensah TIMOTHY FOSUH MENSAH PROFILE Full Name: Evans Timothy Fosuh Mensah Date of   Birth: 2 nd January 1998 Place of Birth: Armsterdam , Holland Height: 1.90 m   Playing Position: Defender / Mildfielder Nationality: Holland Mensah's Debut Against Arsenal At Old Traffold In United's 3-2 win Evans Timothy Fosuh Mensah is a Dutch professional footballer who plays as a defensive/central mildfielder, centre-back or full-back for English club Manchester United. Born in Armsterdam, Mensah began his career with Ajax before moving to England in 2014. He made his professional debut at left-back on 28 February 2016 in a 3-2 Premier League Win at home to Arsenal replacing Marcos Rojo in the 55 th minute. Manchester United moved to snap up the highly-rated youngster from Ajax in the summer of 2014 beating a host of top European clubs in the process and if he is able to reach his potential, the Red Devils will have a real star on the...