Skip to main content

Danny Blind hits out at Manchester United over Van Gaal Dismissal

Danny Blind hits out at Manchester United over Van Gaal sacking


Netherlands boss Danny Blind has criticised Manchester United over the sacking of Louis van Gaal.

Confirmation of the Dutchman’s departure was announced on Monday evening after 48 hours of intense speculation.

Goal understands that Van Gaal was stunned by the news of his sacking, and the 64-year-old was under the impression that he would be allowed to see out the final year of his contract.

Shortly before news of Van Gaal’s dismissal was confirmed, Daley Blind had claimed that he and the United squad were in the dark over the manager’s future, but following his sacking, the defender’s father admits the club handled the situation poorly.

“I’m closer to the situation than many other people and I can tell you that his departure came as a surprise. I feel for him. He doesn’t deserve this,” said Blind.

“I’ve worked with him for so many years. I played under him for years at Ajax, I was his captain, I was his assistant at the last World Cup. He’s a great coach.

“We all know that, as a manager, you will face the sack at some stage in your career. It happens to every manager.

In this case I find it very disappointing. I know in which way this sacking was done and it’s not the way it should go.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Depay: I'm a team player

The Manchester United winger has acknowledged his form is "not very good" at present, but rejected suggestions he is selfish Netherlands winger Memphis Depay has rejected Danny Blind's suggestion that he is not a team player and insists he is working as hard as ever to rediscover his best form. The 21-year-old inspired PSV to the Eredivisie title last season but has struggled to adapt to the Premier League since joining Manchester United for €27.5 million during the summer. Netherlands boss Blind claimed last week that Depay "does not always function for the team" but still included the the forward in his squad for the upcoming friendlies with Wales and Germany. "When I spoke to Danny Blind [after linking up with Netherlands], it was a very good conversation," the Red Devils forward told  NOS . "I think I’m a team player and the other players in the team also think that. “I don’t think I’m in a difficult path of my career, as the media says...

I Have Been Sacked Six Times By The Media - Louis Van Gaal

  Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal has refused to discuss his future amid growing reports he will leave the club and be replaced by Jose Mourinho. When asked whether the FA Cup final win over Crystal Palace would be his final match in charge, he told a press conference: "I show you the cup. I don't discuss it with my friends in the media who already sack me for six months. "I do not want to talk about leaving." Source: Goal

Who Is Fosuh Mensah?

One For The Future; Fosuh Mensah TIMOTHY FOSUH MENSAH PROFILE Full Name: Evans Timothy Fosuh Mensah Date of   Birth: 2 nd January 1998 Place of Birth: Armsterdam , Holland Height: 1.90 m   Playing Position: Defender / Mildfielder Nationality: Holland Mensah's Debut Against Arsenal At Old Traffold In United's 3-2 win Evans Timothy Fosuh Mensah is a Dutch professional footballer who plays as a defensive/central mildfielder, centre-back or full-back for English club Manchester United. Born in Armsterdam, Mensah began his career with Ajax before moving to England in 2014. He made his professional debut at left-back on 28 February 2016 in a 3-2 Premier League Win at home to Arsenal replacing Marcos Rojo in the 55 th minute. Manchester United moved to snap up the highly-rated youngster from Ajax in the summer of 2014 beating a host of top European clubs in the process and if he is able to reach his potential, the Red Devils will have a real star on the...