Skip to main content

Xhaka Jets Into London For Arsenal Medical




Xhaka 'flying to London' for Arsenal talks, says friend 

The 23-year-old Switzerland international is high on Arsene Wenger's wish-list ahead of the upcoming transfer window and is seemingly on the verge of completing a move

Borussia Monchengladbach midfielder Granit Xhaka is flying to London to seemingly complete his transfer to Arsenal, a friend close to the player has revealed.

The Bundesliga side confirmed on May 17 that they had received an offer for the midfielder, with that news coming after Goal revealed that that Xhaka had agreed personal terms with the north London giants.

Arsenal have now seemingly agreed to meet Gladbach's €30 million asking price and journalist and close friend Artan Muhaxhiri has confirmed on Facebook that Xhaka is travelling to England to finalise the move.

Posting on social media alongside a picture of the Switzerland international, he wrote: "BREAKING NEWS: Just confirmed. Granit Xhaka is traveling to London to finalize an agreement with Arsenal FC! Congrats Granit ‪#‎XhakaGooner‬."

Muhaxhiri later confirmed to Goal that the family are planning to travel to London on Friday, with Xhaka set to arrive in the capital with both his parents.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Depay: I'm a team player

The Manchester United winger has acknowledged his form is "not very good" at present, but rejected suggestions he is selfish Netherlands winger Memphis Depay has rejected Danny Blind's suggestion that he is not a team player and insists he is working as hard as ever to rediscover his best form. The 21-year-old inspired PSV to the Eredivisie title last season but has struggled to adapt to the Premier League since joining Manchester United for €27.5 million during the summer. Netherlands boss Blind claimed last week that Depay "does not always function for the team" but still included the the forward in his squad for the upcoming friendlies with Wales and Germany. "When I spoke to Danny Blind [after linking up with Netherlands], it was a very good conversation," the Red Devils forward told  NOS . "I think I’m a team player and the other players in the team also think that. “I don’t think I’m in a difficult path of my career, as the media says...

I Have Been Sacked Six Times By The Media - Louis Van Gaal

  Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal has refused to discuss his future amid growing reports he will leave the club and be replaced by Jose Mourinho. When asked whether the FA Cup final win over Crystal Palace would be his final match in charge, he told a press conference: "I show you the cup. I don't discuss it with my friends in the media who already sack me for six months. "I do not want to talk about leaving." Source: Goal

EAGLES BOSS ROHR WILL WORK WITH YOUTHS

  New Nigeria boss, Gernot Rohr has reiterated his desire to give some newly discovered young players to blossom in the senior national team. The German tactician started fringe players like Chidozie Awaziem, Wifred Ndidi, Shehu Abdullahi  in the team’s 3-0 victory against Akwa United in a friendly game played on Wednesday. He explained to Goal that he decided to bench the established players against the Promise Keepers as he hopes to  groom a new breed of Super Eagles. “ The game against Akwa United was to see the young players in action. I am sure that we can do it together if we play as a team and live well together,” Rohr told Reporters . “We will concentrate on raising young energetic players to make the Eagles strong." He also insisted that he would also special attention to the local based players. "I was in Spain to see the NPFL All Stars because I wanted to see young players coming from Nigeria and I picked some of them for this match,” he continued. “We should ...