Skip to main content

This was my best season, but we need FA Cup Glory

 De Gea Saves

The goalkeeper was named his club's player of the season for the third time in a row and he believes beating Crystal Palace will make Manchester United's season a success


Manchester United goalkeeper David de Gea said he has had the best season of his career so far, but wants to cap it off with silverware in Saturday's FA Cup final.

De Gea almost departed Old Trafford on the final day of the transfer window last year only for his move to Real Madrid to be scuppered after the relevant paperwork was not completed on time.
But he has not let the transfer drama distract him, putting in some remarkable performances to help Untied to a fifth-place Premier League finish and an FA Cup final.

He won the United Player of the Year award for a record third-time running, was voted into the PFA Player of the Year and was seconds away from taking a share of the Premier League Golden Glove award only for a last-minute own goal in the final game of the season against Bournemouth to wreck that in a superb individual season.

 "It's been the best season of my career," said De Gea. "I'm in great shape physically and mentally I'm very focussed.
"If we win the FA Cup it will be a good season. We are all really keen to win such an important trophy for this club, our supporters and ourselves. We will fight to the end and do everything we can to win it."
The Spain international said winning the FA Cup would prove the best possible way to end another tough season at Old Trafford and provide the platform for improved fortunes next term.
"We've had a couple of difficult seasons so we are really determined to win the cup," he added.

 "And winning it could provide us with that extra belief and motivation to hopefully go on and achieve great things."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Depay: I'm a team player

The Manchester United winger has acknowledged his form is "not very good" at present, but rejected suggestions he is selfish Netherlands winger Memphis Depay has rejected Danny Blind's suggestion that he is not a team player and insists he is working as hard as ever to rediscover his best form. The 21-year-old inspired PSV to the Eredivisie title last season but has struggled to adapt to the Premier League since joining Manchester United for €27.5 million during the summer. Netherlands boss Blind claimed last week that Depay "does not always function for the team" but still included the the forward in his squad for the upcoming friendlies with Wales and Germany. "When I spoke to Danny Blind [after linking up with Netherlands], it was a very good conversation," the Red Devils forward told  NOS . "I think I’m a team player and the other players in the team also think that. “I don’t think I’m in a difficult path of my career, as the media says...

I Have Been Sacked Six Times By The Media - Louis Van Gaal

  Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal has refused to discuss his future amid growing reports he will leave the club and be replaced by Jose Mourinho. When asked whether the FA Cup final win over Crystal Palace would be his final match in charge, he told a press conference: "I show you the cup. I don't discuss it with my friends in the media who already sack me for six months. "I do not want to talk about leaving." Source: Goal

Who Is Fosuh Mensah?

One For The Future; Fosuh Mensah TIMOTHY FOSUH MENSAH PROFILE Full Name: Evans Timothy Fosuh Mensah Date of   Birth: 2 nd January 1998 Place of Birth: Armsterdam , Holland Height: 1.90 m   Playing Position: Defender / Mildfielder Nationality: Holland Mensah's Debut Against Arsenal At Old Traffold In United's 3-2 win Evans Timothy Fosuh Mensah is a Dutch professional footballer who plays as a defensive/central mildfielder, centre-back or full-back for English club Manchester United. Born in Armsterdam, Mensah began his career with Ajax before moving to England in 2014. He made his professional debut at left-back on 28 February 2016 in a 3-2 Premier League Win at home to Arsenal replacing Marcos Rojo in the 55 th minute. Manchester United moved to snap up the highly-rated youngster from Ajax in the summer of 2014 beating a host of top European clubs in the process and if he is able to reach his potential, the Red Devils will have a real star on the...