Skip to main content

De Gea Is Very Happy At Manchester United - Mata

De Gea is happy at Manchester United - Mata

The Spain international was denied a move to Real Madrid earlier this season because of a paperwork issue but his Red Devils team-mate insists he is not thinking about his future
Juan Mata says David De Gea is happy at Manchester United, despite the goalkeeper's desire to join Real Madrid at the start of the season.
A deal was all but done for De Gea to move to the Spanish capital on the final day of the transfer window last September, but a deal fell through as the relevant paperwork was not submitted on time.
The former Atletico Madrid shot stopper was voted as United's Player of the Year for the third consecutive season and, although talk of a return to his homeland has persisted, reports in Spain have indicated it is more likely De Gea will remain in Manchester.
And compatriot Mata told The Mirror: "I think everybody can see that De Gea is very happy. He feels the love of the fans, being voted the best player of the season for a third time in a row.
"He's happy in the city, he's happy with us, with his team-mates and he's performing very well.
"I think he's very calm and he's focused on finishing the season well, trying to win the FA Cup and, after that, trying to be focused with Spain in the Euros. So he's very calm and I'm not nervous about his future."
Mata also spoke of teammate Marcus Rashford’s chances of being included in the England squad for Euro 2016.
"Obviously England have a lot of strikers and it has to be difficult for Roy Hodgson to pick some of them," Mata added.
"But Rashford is very young and if it's not this time, he will have time to be in great competitions with England in the future because he's very talented and his confidence is growing week after week."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Depay: I'm a team player

The Manchester United winger has acknowledged his form is "not very good" at present, but rejected suggestions he is selfish Netherlands winger Memphis Depay has rejected Danny Blind's suggestion that he is not a team player and insists he is working as hard as ever to rediscover his best form. The 21-year-old inspired PSV to the Eredivisie title last season but has struggled to adapt to the Premier League since joining Manchester United for €27.5 million during the summer. Netherlands boss Blind claimed last week that Depay "does not always function for the team" but still included the the forward in his squad for the upcoming friendlies with Wales and Germany. "When I spoke to Danny Blind [after linking up with Netherlands], it was a very good conversation," the Red Devils forward told  NOS . "I think I’m a team player and the other players in the team also think that. “I don’t think I’m in a difficult path of my career, as the media says...

I Have Been Sacked Six Times By The Media - Louis Van Gaal

  Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal has refused to discuss his future amid growing reports he will leave the club and be replaced by Jose Mourinho. When asked whether the FA Cup final win over Crystal Palace would be his final match in charge, he told a press conference: "I show you the cup. I don't discuss it with my friends in the media who already sack me for six months. "I do not want to talk about leaving." Source: Goal

EAGLES BOSS ROHR WILL WORK WITH YOUTHS

  New Nigeria boss, Gernot Rohr has reiterated his desire to give some newly discovered young players to blossom in the senior national team. The German tactician started fringe players like Chidozie Awaziem, Wifred Ndidi, Shehu Abdullahi  in the team’s 3-0 victory against Akwa United in a friendly game played on Wednesday. He explained to Goal that he decided to bench the established players against the Promise Keepers as he hopes to  groom a new breed of Super Eagles. “ The game against Akwa United was to see the young players in action. I am sure that we can do it together if we play as a team and live well together,” Rohr told Reporters . “We will concentrate on raising young energetic players to make the Eagles strong." He also insisted that he would also special attention to the local based players. "I was in Spain to see the NPFL All Stars because I wanted to see young players coming from Nigeria and I picked some of them for this match,” he continued. “We should ...