Skip to main content

Fellaini Relishing First United Final




Fellaini Celebrates Against Westham

Manchester United's Marouane Fellaini is looking forward to a ‘special’ day when his side meet Crystal Palace at Wembley for the FA Cup final on Saturday, with the midfielder desperate to win his first trophy in England.

The Belgium international is playing his first final with the Red Devils and is hoping he comes out on the right side of a 50/50 result at one of the game’s most iconic venues.

“Playing in front of 90,000 supporters, half Man Utd, half Crystal Palace, will make for a good atmosphere,” he said, talking to Goal as part of the New Balance Furon 2.0 and new Visaro colourway boot launch.

“It will be an exciting game. Wembley, all the history of the stadium, it will be special. It’s a final. You can win, you can lose, I hope this season I will win with Man Utd.”

This year Fellaini will line up at the showpiece in London among the favourites, which will be a refreshing change for the midfielder who saw his Everton side defeated by Chelsea in 2009.
“After a few seconds it was 1-0 to us, but Chelsea won 2-1. We lost, but it was a good experience,” he says.
“We can win this final. We have to go there ready and be focused on winning the game. Crystal Palace are there, they have a good FA Cup and can win as well.”
And the 28-year-old is hoping some of his experienced colleagues will help lead Louis Van Gaal’s side to glory.

Fellaini added: “Players like Wayne Rooney and Michael Carrick have a lot of experience and have won a lot of trophies so I think they will know the good things to say and I think it’s important to have players like that in the team.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Depay: I'm a team player

The Manchester United winger has acknowledged his form is "not very good" at present, but rejected suggestions he is selfish Netherlands winger Memphis Depay has rejected Danny Blind's suggestion that he is not a team player and insists he is working as hard as ever to rediscover his best form. The 21-year-old inspired PSV to the Eredivisie title last season but has struggled to adapt to the Premier League since joining Manchester United for €27.5 million during the summer. Netherlands boss Blind claimed last week that Depay "does not always function for the team" but still included the the forward in his squad for the upcoming friendlies with Wales and Germany. "When I spoke to Danny Blind [after linking up with Netherlands], it was a very good conversation," the Red Devils forward told  NOS . "I think I’m a team player and the other players in the team also think that. “I don’t think I’m in a difficult path of my career, as the media says...

I Have Been Sacked Six Times By The Media - Louis Van Gaal

  Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal has refused to discuss his future amid growing reports he will leave the club and be replaced by Jose Mourinho. When asked whether the FA Cup final win over Crystal Palace would be his final match in charge, he told a press conference: "I show you the cup. I don't discuss it with my friends in the media who already sack me for six months. "I do not want to talk about leaving." Source: Goal

EAGLES BOSS ROHR WILL WORK WITH YOUTHS

  New Nigeria boss, Gernot Rohr has reiterated his desire to give some newly discovered young players to blossom in the senior national team. The German tactician started fringe players like Chidozie Awaziem, Wifred Ndidi, Shehu Abdullahi  in the team’s 3-0 victory against Akwa United in a friendly game played on Wednesday. He explained to Goal that he decided to bench the established players against the Promise Keepers as he hopes to  groom a new breed of Super Eagles. “ The game against Akwa United was to see the young players in action. I am sure that we can do it together if we play as a team and live well together,” Rohr told Reporters . “We will concentrate on raising young energetic players to make the Eagles strong." He also insisted that he would also special attention to the local based players. "I was in Spain to see the NPFL All Stars because I wanted to see young players coming from Nigeria and I picked some of them for this match,” he continued. “We should ...