Skip to main content

England Must Do Better For Euro Glory - Rose

 Vardy and Kane do the trick but England must do a lot better

Danny Rose says England have to defend better if they are to succeed at Euro 2016, despite beating Turkey 2-1 on Sunday in their first friendly in preparation for the tournament.
Jamie Vardy's late goal sealed a solid win for Roy Hodgson's side after Hakan Calhanoglu cancelled out Harry Kane's opener, with Kane also missing a penalty.

But England looked shaky at the back, with Joe Hart making a fine late save from Olcay Sahan's volley to keep his side in the lead, and Rose said improvements will be needed before the European Championship starts on June 10.

"We're definitely optimistic, but the message from the manager was we have to defend better if we're going to go anywhere in the European Championship," the Tottenham left-back said.

"We'll give ourselves a good platform to build on in the Euros."
Rose was named the sponsors' man of the match after impressing with positive raids down the left flank and he confessed it is "surreal" to be representing his country.

"Four months ago I wouldn't have thought I would be in this position. It's surreal," Rose said.
"I'm trying to enjoy every minute and take my club form into international level. Thanks to my team-mates for helping me and making me feel comfortable.

"I'm thankful that I'm here. I had a good season at Spurs and that’s down to my team-mates and it's special for me to share this occasion with four Tottenham team-mates and it helps."
 England face Australia in Sunderland on Friday before their final friendly in preparation for Euro 2016 is held at Wembley, where they will take on Portugal, on June 2.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Depay: I'm a team player

The Manchester United winger has acknowledged his form is "not very good" at present, but rejected suggestions he is selfish Netherlands winger Memphis Depay has rejected Danny Blind's suggestion that he is not a team player and insists he is working as hard as ever to rediscover his best form. The 21-year-old inspired PSV to the Eredivisie title last season but has struggled to adapt to the Premier League since joining Manchester United for €27.5 million during the summer. Netherlands boss Blind claimed last week that Depay "does not always function for the team" but still included the the forward in his squad for the upcoming friendlies with Wales and Germany. "When I spoke to Danny Blind [after linking up with Netherlands], it was a very good conversation," the Red Devils forward told  NOS . "I think I’m a team player and the other players in the team also think that. “I don’t think I’m in a difficult path of my career, as the media says...

I Have Been Sacked Six Times By The Media - Louis Van Gaal

  Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal has refused to discuss his future amid growing reports he will leave the club and be replaced by Jose Mourinho. When asked whether the FA Cup final win over Crystal Palace would be his final match in charge, he told a press conference: "I show you the cup. I don't discuss it with my friends in the media who already sack me for six months. "I do not want to talk about leaving." Source: Goal

Who Is Fosuh Mensah?

One For The Future; Fosuh Mensah TIMOTHY FOSUH MENSAH PROFILE Full Name: Evans Timothy Fosuh Mensah Date of   Birth: 2 nd January 1998 Place of Birth: Armsterdam , Holland Height: 1.90 m   Playing Position: Defender / Mildfielder Nationality: Holland Mensah's Debut Against Arsenal At Old Traffold In United's 3-2 win Evans Timothy Fosuh Mensah is a Dutch professional footballer who plays as a defensive/central mildfielder, centre-back or full-back for English club Manchester United. Born in Armsterdam, Mensah began his career with Ajax before moving to England in 2014. He made his professional debut at left-back on 28 February 2016 in a 3-2 Premier League Win at home to Arsenal replacing Marcos Rojo in the 55 th minute. Manchester United moved to snap up the highly-rated youngster from Ajax in the summer of 2014 beating a host of top European clubs in the process and if he is able to reach his potential, the Red Devils will have a real star on the...