Skip to main content

DONE DEAL: Watford Announce Walter Mazzarri Appointment

DONE DEAL: Watford confirm Mazzarri as manager for 2016-17 season

Watford announced the appointment of Walter Mazzarri as their new manager on Saturday.

The former Napoli and Inter boss has signed a three-year deal at Vicarage Road and will take over from Quique Sanchez Flores from July 1.

Flores led Watford in an impressive campaign following their return to the Premier League, with the Hornets securing survival and a comfortable 13th place finish.

Nevertheless, the Spaniard opted against building on his first season in charge and the Pozzo-owned club have moved quickly to secure his replacement before the new season starts, installing Italian Mazzarri as their new boss.

Mazzarri's last job was at the helm of the Nerazzurri, where he was sacked midway through his second season in charge in November 2014 after his side failed to impress in Serie A.

The 54-year-old had made his name guiding Sampdoria and Napoli prior to that, with the latter challenging for the Scudetto in his final two campaigns in charge.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Depay: I'm a team player

The Manchester United winger has acknowledged his form is "not very good" at present, but rejected suggestions he is selfish Netherlands winger Memphis Depay has rejected Danny Blind's suggestion that he is not a team player and insists he is working as hard as ever to rediscover his best form. The 21-year-old inspired PSV to the Eredivisie title last season but has struggled to adapt to the Premier League since joining Manchester United for €27.5 million during the summer. Netherlands boss Blind claimed last week that Depay "does not always function for the team" but still included the the forward in his squad for the upcoming friendlies with Wales and Germany. "When I spoke to Danny Blind [after linking up with Netherlands], it was a very good conversation," the Red Devils forward told  NOS . "I think I’m a team player and the other players in the team also think that. “I don’t think I’m in a difficult path of my career, as the media says...

I Have Been Sacked Six Times By The Media - Louis Van Gaal

  Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal has refused to discuss his future amid growing reports he will leave the club and be replaced by Jose Mourinho. When asked whether the FA Cup final win over Crystal Palace would be his final match in charge, he told a press conference: "I show you the cup. I don't discuss it with my friends in the media who already sack me for six months. "I do not want to talk about leaving." Source: Goal

Who Is Fosuh Mensah?

One For The Future; Fosuh Mensah TIMOTHY FOSUH MENSAH PROFILE Full Name: Evans Timothy Fosuh Mensah Date of   Birth: 2 nd January 1998 Place of Birth: Armsterdam , Holland Height: 1.90 m   Playing Position: Defender / Mildfielder Nationality: Holland Mensah's Debut Against Arsenal At Old Traffold In United's 3-2 win Evans Timothy Fosuh Mensah is a Dutch professional footballer who plays as a defensive/central mildfielder, centre-back or full-back for English club Manchester United. Born in Armsterdam, Mensah began his career with Ajax before moving to England in 2014. He made his professional debut at left-back on 28 February 2016 in a 3-2 Premier League Win at home to Arsenal replacing Marcos Rojo in the 55 th minute. Manchester United moved to snap up the highly-rated youngster from Ajax in the summer of 2014 beating a host of top European clubs in the process and if he is able to reach his potential, the Red Devils will have a real star on the...