Skip to main content

Rashford And Memphis Can Be Superstars - Andreas Pereira



 memphis depay profileRashford can become a superstar, claims PereiraThe Brazilian has backed Memphis Depay to come good alongside the Red Devils' new striking starlet despite a disappointing debut campaign in English football


Manchester United youngster Andreas Pereira has tipped team-mate Marcus Rashford to become a superstar following his explosive start in the Premier League.

The united youngster scored twice on his debut against Arsenal and his total of eight goals in 17 first-team appearances has earned him a place in Roy Hodgson’s provisional 26-man England squad for Euro 2016.

He is likely to start in attack for The Red Devils in the FA Cup final against Crystal Palace and Pereira, who has played with the striker at reserve and youth level, has been taken aback by his instant impact.

“I think he has the potential to be a superstar,” the Brazil Under-23 international told Goal. “He is very young, but has a lot of talent too.

“If he keeps playing this way, with this hunger for goals, and stays humble and learning things, I think that he can be one of the best in the world.

“Everyone at the club knew he was a good player, very talented, but it was a surprise when he stepped in and scored four goals in his first two games. No one even expected that he would play, so it was very surprising even for us who knew him.”

On Memphis
Pereira also backed Memphis Depay to improve after a disappointing first season at Old Trafford – even if he has threatened to take his former PSV team-mate’s No.7 shirt.

“I’ve joked with him about it,” the 20-year-old midfielder said. “He is a very talented player and he can still give a lot to the club.
“I think he will be a big star not only for Manchester, but for the Dutch national team as well. He has exceptional talent.
“It’s normal for you to play well in a match and then have a fall of production in the next game in the first year – he’s still getting used to a new life and a new country.
“It’s to be expected what he’s going through, and he will pass through this phase and become even stronger. He will be a superstar.”
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Depay: I'm a team player

The Manchester United winger has acknowledged his form is "not very good" at present, but rejected suggestions he is selfish Netherlands winger Memphis Depay has rejected Danny Blind's suggestion that he is not a team player and insists he is working as hard as ever to rediscover his best form. The 21-year-old inspired PSV to the Eredivisie title last season but has struggled to adapt to the Premier League since joining Manchester United for €27.5 million during the summer. Netherlands boss Blind claimed last week that Depay "does not always function for the team" but still included the the forward in his squad for the upcoming friendlies with Wales and Germany. "When I spoke to Danny Blind [after linking up with Netherlands], it was a very good conversation," the Red Devils forward told  NOS . "I think I’m a team player and the other players in the team also think that. “I don’t think I’m in a difficult path of my career, as the media says...

I Have Been Sacked Six Times By The Media - Louis Van Gaal

  Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal has refused to discuss his future amid growing reports he will leave the club and be replaced by Jose Mourinho. When asked whether the FA Cup final win over Crystal Palace would be his final match in charge, he told a press conference: "I show you the cup. I don't discuss it with my friends in the media who already sack me for six months. "I do not want to talk about leaving." Source: Goal

Who Is Fosuh Mensah?

One For The Future; Fosuh Mensah TIMOTHY FOSUH MENSAH PROFILE Full Name: Evans Timothy Fosuh Mensah Date of   Birth: 2 nd January 1998 Place of Birth: Armsterdam , Holland Height: 1.90 m   Playing Position: Defender / Mildfielder Nationality: Holland Mensah's Debut Against Arsenal At Old Traffold In United's 3-2 win Evans Timothy Fosuh Mensah is a Dutch professional footballer who plays as a defensive/central mildfielder, centre-back or full-back for English club Manchester United. Born in Armsterdam, Mensah began his career with Ajax before moving to England in 2014. He made his professional debut at left-back on 28 February 2016 in a 3-2 Premier League Win at home to Arsenal replacing Marcos Rojo in the 55 th minute. Manchester United moved to snap up the highly-rated youngster from Ajax in the summer of 2014 beating a host of top European clubs in the process and if he is able to reach his potential, the Red Devils will have a real star on the...