Skip to main content

Carneiro files individual legal claim against embattled Mourinho

Carneiro files individual legal claim against embattled Mourinho

Portuguese during a game against Swansea and he may now appear at an employment tribunal
Eva Carneiro has taken individual legal action against Jose Mourinho following her exit from Chelsea.

The former physiotherapist left the Blues on September 22 after she and colleague Jon Fearn were criticised by Mourinho for being “impulsive and naïve”, having entered the field of play to treat Eden Hazard during a 2-2 draw with Swansea.

Mourinho was disappointed that their actions reduced his side to nine men at a crucial stage of the game, and Carneiro was subsequently dropped from the bench, and it is understood that she has now filed a claim against the Portuguese.


The development means Mourinho will have to appear in person at an employment tribunal unless the two parties can reach a settlement outside of court. If victimisation or discrimination can be proven then an individual can be personally liable for damages.

Chelsea are thought to be aware of the filing of documents and a spokesperson said: "As this matter is subject to legal proceedings it wouldn't be appropriate to comment at this time."

Mourinho has struggled thus far this season, seeing his side win just three of their opening 11 Premier League games.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Depay: I'm a team player

The Manchester United winger has acknowledged his form is "not very good" at present, but rejected suggestions he is selfish Netherlands winger Memphis Depay has rejected Danny Blind's suggestion that he is not a team player and insists he is working as hard as ever to rediscover his best form. The 21-year-old inspired PSV to the Eredivisie title last season but has struggled to adapt to the Premier League since joining Manchester United for €27.5 million during the summer. Netherlands boss Blind claimed last week that Depay "does not always function for the team" but still included the the forward in his squad for the upcoming friendlies with Wales and Germany. "When I spoke to Danny Blind [after linking up with Netherlands], it was a very good conversation," the Red Devils forward told  NOS . "I think I’m a team player and the other players in the team also think that. “I don’t think I’m in a difficult path of my career, as the media says...

I Have Been Sacked Six Times By The Media - Louis Van Gaal

  Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal has refused to discuss his future amid growing reports he will leave the club and be replaced by Jose Mourinho. When asked whether the FA Cup final win over Crystal Palace would be his final match in charge, he told a press conference: "I show you the cup. I don't discuss it with my friends in the media who already sack me for six months. "I do not want to talk about leaving." Source: Goal

EAGLES BOSS ROHR WILL WORK WITH YOUTHS

  New Nigeria boss, Gernot Rohr has reiterated his desire to give some newly discovered young players to blossom in the senior national team. The German tactician started fringe players like Chidozie Awaziem, Wifred Ndidi, Shehu Abdullahi  in the team’s 3-0 victory against Akwa United in a friendly game played on Wednesday. He explained to Goal that he decided to bench the established players against the Promise Keepers as he hopes to  groom a new breed of Super Eagles. “ The game against Akwa United was to see the young players in action. I am sure that we can do it together if we play as a team and live well together,” Rohr told Reporters . “We will concentrate on raising young energetic players to make the Eagles strong." He also insisted that he would also special attention to the local based players. "I was in Spain to see the NPFL All Stars because I wanted to see young players coming from Nigeria and I picked some of them for this match,” he continued. “We should ...