Skip to main content

Guardiola's Bayern future could be decided by Christmas

Guardiola's Bayern future could be decided by Christmas
The former Barcelona boss' contract is up at the end of the current season, and his future could depend on talks the Bavarians are planning before the start of the new year
Chairman Karl-Heinz Rummenigge has revealed Bayern Munich will meet with head coach Pep Guardiola to discuss his future at the start of the Bundesliga's winter break and says a decision could be made by Christmas.

The 44-year-old's existing contract with Bayern is due to expire at the end of the 2015-16 campaign and he has so far been reluctant to discuss his long-term future.

Nevertheless, Rummenigge has now suggested Guardiola's future could be clear by the end of the calendar year.

"I am relaxed and so is the coach. We will have a conversation after the last game of the first half of the season," Rummenigge told the official Bayern website.

"There will be a decision and we will announce what the outcome is.

"One way or the other, it depends on the outcome of the conversation we will have..."

Guardiola joined Bayern ahead of the 2013-14 campaign after a one-year sabbatical following his successful spell in charge of Barcelona between 2008 and 2012.

He has since guided the Allianz Arena side to consecutive Bundesliga titles, while Bayern also won the DFB-Pokal, Uefa Super Cup and Fifa Club World Cup in his first season at the helm.

Manchester City, with former Barca executives at the helm, have been heavily linked with a move to try and secure Guardiola's services.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Depay: I'm a team player

The Manchester United winger has acknowledged his form is "not very good" at present, but rejected suggestions he is selfish Netherlands winger Memphis Depay has rejected Danny Blind's suggestion that he is not a team player and insists he is working as hard as ever to rediscover his best form. The 21-year-old inspired PSV to the Eredivisie title last season but has struggled to adapt to the Premier League since joining Manchester United for €27.5 million during the summer. Netherlands boss Blind claimed last week that Depay "does not always function for the team" but still included the the forward in his squad for the upcoming friendlies with Wales and Germany. "When I spoke to Danny Blind [after linking up with Netherlands], it was a very good conversation," the Red Devils forward told  NOS . "I think I’m a team player and the other players in the team also think that. “I don’t think I’m in a difficult path of my career, as the media says...

I Have Been Sacked Six Times By The Media - Louis Van Gaal

  Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal has refused to discuss his future amid growing reports he will leave the club and be replaced by Jose Mourinho. When asked whether the FA Cup final win over Crystal Palace would be his final match in charge, he told a press conference: "I show you the cup. I don't discuss it with my friends in the media who already sack me for six months. "I do not want to talk about leaving." Source: Goal

EAGLES BOSS ROHR WILL WORK WITH YOUTHS

  New Nigeria boss, Gernot Rohr has reiterated his desire to give some newly discovered young players to blossom in the senior national team. The German tactician started fringe players like Chidozie Awaziem, Wifred Ndidi, Shehu Abdullahi  in the team’s 3-0 victory against Akwa United in a friendly game played on Wednesday. He explained to Goal that he decided to bench the established players against the Promise Keepers as he hopes to  groom a new breed of Super Eagles. “ The game against Akwa United was to see the young players in action. I am sure that we can do it together if we play as a team and live well together,” Rohr told Reporters . “We will concentrate on raising young energetic players to make the Eagles strong." He also insisted that he would also special attention to the local based players. "I was in Spain to see the NPFL All Stars because I wanted to see young players coming from Nigeria and I picked some of them for this match,” he continued. “We should ...