Skip to main content

David James blasts Louis van Gaal's treatment of Man Utd captain Wayne Rooney

Image result for rooney and david james
Rooney has been struggling in front of goal for United this season and has only scored twice in the Premier League.
Fans have become increasingly vocal about Van Gaal's style of play and James, who played alongside Rooney for England, believes Van Gaal is mishandling the striker and it is wrong to suggest his the England captain is in decline.
He told Press Association Sport: "When you look at (Sir Alex) Ferguson at Manchester United, as much as the hairdryer keeps getting mentioned, the team leads the changing room more so than a manager.
"Wayne was allowed to be himself because however much he argued or (behaved) in his effervescent way around the changing rooms, his performances would justify his character.
"David Moyes comes back in, a bit more of an authoritarian, if you like; (Louis) van Gaal seems to be the same, therefore you're suppressing this enthusiasm.
"Wayne, at 30 years old, there's no reason why that old Wayne Rooney spark can't come back. It's not about him being reckless - it's about allowing him to have a bit more personality in his performance. Allow him to take the odd liberty.
"He can play his way back into form."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Depay: I'm a team player

The Manchester United winger has acknowledged his form is "not very good" at present, but rejected suggestions he is selfish Netherlands winger Memphis Depay has rejected Danny Blind's suggestion that he is not a team player and insists he is working as hard as ever to rediscover his best form. The 21-year-old inspired PSV to the Eredivisie title last season but has struggled to adapt to the Premier League since joining Manchester United for €27.5 million during the summer. Netherlands boss Blind claimed last week that Depay "does not always function for the team" but still included the the forward in his squad for the upcoming friendlies with Wales and Germany. "When I spoke to Danny Blind [after linking up with Netherlands], it was a very good conversation," the Red Devils forward told  NOS . "I think I’m a team player and the other players in the team also think that. “I don’t think I’m in a difficult path of my career, as the media says...

I Have Been Sacked Six Times By The Media - Louis Van Gaal

  Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal has refused to discuss his future amid growing reports he will leave the club and be replaced by Jose Mourinho. When asked whether the FA Cup final win over Crystal Palace would be his final match in charge, he told a press conference: "I show you the cup. I don't discuss it with my friends in the media who already sack me for six months. "I do not want to talk about leaving." Source: Goal

EAGLES BOSS ROHR WILL WORK WITH YOUTHS

  New Nigeria boss, Gernot Rohr has reiterated his desire to give some newly discovered young players to blossom in the senior national team. The German tactician started fringe players like Chidozie Awaziem, Wifred Ndidi, Shehu Abdullahi  in the team’s 3-0 victory against Akwa United in a friendly game played on Wednesday. He explained to Goal that he decided to bench the established players against the Promise Keepers as he hopes to  groom a new breed of Super Eagles. “ The game against Akwa United was to see the young players in action. I am sure that we can do it together if we play as a team and live well together,” Rohr told Reporters . “We will concentrate on raising young energetic players to make the Eagles strong." He also insisted that he would also special attention to the local based players. "I was in Spain to see the NPFL All Stars because I wanted to see young players coming from Nigeria and I picked some of them for this match,” he continued. “We should ...