Skip to main content

La Liga Manager Ready To Take Over At Chelsea


Image result for diego simeone mad


Atletico Madrid manager Diego Simeone is reportedly willing to take over as Chelsea boss in the summer.


The former Argentina international has done an outstanding job in charge of the Rojiblancos and secured the club’s first La Liga title since 1996 during the 2013-2014 season. He also guided his side to the Champions League final that year, only to lose to bitter rivals Real. Since then Simeone’s reputation has been growing ever stronger.

Current Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho is under heavy pressure after the club suffered their seventh defeat of the season to Stoke on Saturday, leaving them just three points above the relegation zone.

Owner Roman Abramovich is set to give the Special One time to turn things around at Stamford Bridge, but according to the Mirror, 45-year-old Simeone would be prepared to take up a role in charge of the Premier League champions.

The article claims that should he do so, the Argentine would want major changes at the club, believing that major investment is needed to turn the squad around.

The fact that Simeone’s assistant German Burgos has already learned English, according to the paper, will continue to see the duo linked with the Blues.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Depay: I'm a team player

The Manchester United winger has acknowledged his form is "not very good" at present, but rejected suggestions he is selfish Netherlands winger Memphis Depay has rejected Danny Blind's suggestion that he is not a team player and insists he is working as hard as ever to rediscover his best form. The 21-year-old inspired PSV to the Eredivisie title last season but has struggled to adapt to the Premier League since joining Manchester United for €27.5 million during the summer. Netherlands boss Blind claimed last week that Depay "does not always function for the team" but still included the the forward in his squad for the upcoming friendlies with Wales and Germany. "When I spoke to Danny Blind [after linking up with Netherlands], it was a very good conversation," the Red Devils forward told  NOS . "I think I’m a team player and the other players in the team also think that. “I don’t think I’m in a difficult path of my career, as the media says...

I Have Been Sacked Six Times By The Media - Louis Van Gaal

  Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal has refused to discuss his future amid growing reports he will leave the club and be replaced by Jose Mourinho. When asked whether the FA Cup final win over Crystal Palace would be his final match in charge, he told a press conference: "I show you the cup. I don't discuss it with my friends in the media who already sack me for six months. "I do not want to talk about leaving." Source: Goal

EAGLES BOSS ROHR WILL WORK WITH YOUTHS

  New Nigeria boss, Gernot Rohr has reiterated his desire to give some newly discovered young players to blossom in the senior national team. The German tactician started fringe players like Chidozie Awaziem, Wifred Ndidi, Shehu Abdullahi  in the team’s 3-0 victory against Akwa United in a friendly game played on Wednesday. He explained to Goal that he decided to bench the established players against the Promise Keepers as he hopes to  groom a new breed of Super Eagles. “ The game against Akwa United was to see the young players in action. I am sure that we can do it together if we play as a team and live well together,” Rohr told Reporters . “We will concentrate on raising young energetic players to make the Eagles strong." He also insisted that he would also special attention to the local based players. "I was in Spain to see the NPFL All Stars because I wanted to see young players coming from Nigeria and I picked some of them for this match,” he continued. “We should ...