Skip to main content

Ribery nearing Bayern Munich comeback


Ribery nearing Bayern Munich comeback

Bayern Munich winger Franck Ribery is hopeful he can soon make his comeback from injury after a lengthy spell on the sidelines.

The former France international picked up an ankle injury in his side's 7-0 Champions League win over Shakhtar Donetsk in March and has not played since.

Ribery has now resumed individual training and is slowly edging closer to his long-awaited return.
frank ribery injury

"I am already doing much better. I am obviously not 100 per cent just yet, but I am working hard each day," the 32-year-old told the official Bayern website.

"The past few months have been the most difficult time of my career.

"I am making steps forward and hope I can continue like this. I do not know yet when I can resume squad training, but I hope soon, as soon as possible.
"Morale is good right now, I am very satisfied with how things are going."

Holger Badstuber, another long-term injury absentee, made his comeback in the 4-0 win over Stuttgart on Saturday and Ribery hopes he can soon follow in the defender's footsteps.

"Holger's comeback was a great moment. I miss that feeling.

"I have to train well and hope to be back in the Allianz Arena as soon as possible. I want to have fun with the fans again."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Depay: I'm a team player

The Manchester United winger has acknowledged his form is "not very good" at present, but rejected suggestions he is selfish Netherlands winger Memphis Depay has rejected Danny Blind's suggestion that he is not a team player and insists he is working as hard as ever to rediscover his best form. The 21-year-old inspired PSV to the Eredivisie title last season but has struggled to adapt to the Premier League since joining Manchester United for €27.5 million during the summer. Netherlands boss Blind claimed last week that Depay "does not always function for the team" but still included the the forward in his squad for the upcoming friendlies with Wales and Germany. "When I spoke to Danny Blind [after linking up with Netherlands], it was a very good conversation," the Red Devils forward told  NOS . "I think I’m a team player and the other players in the team also think that. “I don’t think I’m in a difficult path of my career, as the media says...

Who Is Fosuh Mensah?

One For The Future; Fosuh Mensah TIMOTHY FOSUH MENSAH PROFILE Full Name: Evans Timothy Fosuh Mensah Date of   Birth: 2 nd January 1998 Place of Birth: Armsterdam , Holland Height: 1.90 m   Playing Position: Defender / Mildfielder Nationality: Holland Mensah's Debut Against Arsenal At Old Traffold In United's 3-2 win Evans Timothy Fosuh Mensah is a Dutch professional footballer who plays as a defensive/central mildfielder, centre-back or full-back for English club Manchester United. Born in Armsterdam, Mensah began his career with Ajax before moving to England in 2014. He made his professional debut at left-back on 28 February 2016 in a 3-2 Premier League Win at home to Arsenal replacing Marcos Rojo in the 55 th minute. Manchester United moved to snap up the highly-rated youngster from Ajax in the summer of 2014 beating a host of top European clubs in the process and if he is able to reach his potential, the Red Devils will have a real star on the...

I Have Been Sacked Six Times By The Media - Louis Van Gaal

  Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal has refused to discuss his future amid growing reports he will leave the club and be replaced by Jose Mourinho. When asked whether the FA Cup final win over Crystal Palace would be his final match in charge, he told a press conference: "I show you the cup. I don't discuss it with my friends in the media who already sack me for six months. "I do not want to talk about leaving." Source: Goal