Skip to main content

Real Madrid confirm Marcelo thigh injury

Real Madrid confirm Marcelo thigh injury

The club have confirmed their defender will miss Sunday's clash at Sevilla after he limped off in their Champions League outing against Paris Saint-Germain
Real Madrid look set to be without Marcelo in Sunday's trip to Sevilla due to a thigh injury, with the defender racing to return in time to face Barcelona in two weeks.
The Brazil left-back picked up the knock in his side's 1-0 Champions League win over Paris Saint-Germain on Tuesday, and was forced to leave the pitch after 33 minutes.
Marcelo underwent a series of tests on Thursday, and Madrid have now confirmed the defender has sustained a muscular problem, but did not state how long he will be out of action.
"Following the tests carried out on Marcelo in the Sanitas la Moraleja University Hospital, the player has been diagnosed with a muscle contraction in his left thigh," a statement on Madrid's official website said.
"His recovery will continue to be assessed."

The 27-year-old's potential absence for the La Liga leaders' El Clasico clash with Barcelona will be a blow for Rafael Benitez, given he has been a key figure for the club so far this season.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Depay: I'm a team player

The Manchester United winger has acknowledged his form is "not very good" at present, but rejected suggestions he is selfish Netherlands winger Memphis Depay has rejected Danny Blind's suggestion that he is not a team player and insists he is working as hard as ever to rediscover his best form. The 21-year-old inspired PSV to the Eredivisie title last season but has struggled to adapt to the Premier League since joining Manchester United for €27.5 million during the summer. Netherlands boss Blind claimed last week that Depay "does not always function for the team" but still included the the forward in his squad for the upcoming friendlies with Wales and Germany. "When I spoke to Danny Blind [after linking up with Netherlands], it was a very good conversation," the Red Devils forward told  NOS . "I think I’m a team player and the other players in the team also think that. “I don’t think I’m in a difficult path of my career, as the media says...

I Have Been Sacked Six Times By The Media - Louis Van Gaal

  Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal has refused to discuss his future amid growing reports he will leave the club and be replaced by Jose Mourinho. When asked whether the FA Cup final win over Crystal Palace would be his final match in charge, he told a press conference: "I show you the cup. I don't discuss it with my friends in the media who already sack me for six months. "I do not want to talk about leaving." Source: Goal

EAGLES BOSS ROHR WILL WORK WITH YOUTHS

  New Nigeria boss, Gernot Rohr has reiterated his desire to give some newly discovered young players to blossom in the senior national team. The German tactician started fringe players like Chidozie Awaziem, Wifred Ndidi, Shehu Abdullahi  in the team’s 3-0 victory against Akwa United in a friendly game played on Wednesday. He explained to Goal that he decided to bench the established players against the Promise Keepers as he hopes to  groom a new breed of Super Eagles. “ The game against Akwa United was to see the young players in action. I am sure that we can do it together if we play as a team and live well together,” Rohr told Reporters . “We will concentrate on raising young energetic players to make the Eagles strong." He also insisted that he would also special attention to the local based players. "I was in Spain to see the NPFL All Stars because I wanted to see young players coming from Nigeria and I picked some of them for this match,” he continued. “We should ...