Skip to main content

Stupid Chelsea FC captain John Terry slams Robbie Savage

Bad Character John Terry
Chelsea skipper John Terry has hit out at Robbie Savage following the Welshman's criticism earlier on in the season.
The talismanic centre-half has been under fire this season as his form dipped before being dropped by Jose Mourinho at one point.
Terry admits he has not been at his best this season as Chelsea have slumped to 15th in the league, with their latest defeat coming at the hands of Liverpool at Stamford Bridge on Saturday.
But the former England captain accepts that criticism comes with the territory when you're a professional footballer, but says he won't accept it from the likes of Robbie Savage.
“I’ve come under criticism, individually, from certain players and individuals, players I’ve looked up to and played alongside," said Terry.
"I’ve taken that on the chin: Rio, Carra, Neville, the very best I’ve come up against in the game. I take that on the chin.
"When others speak, maybe I don’t take it on the chin. When players have not had a career, played at a really bad level in their career - Robbie Savage being one.
TV pundit Robbie Savage
TV pundit Robbie Savage
"He’s dug me out a couple of times. You take it as a footballer, as an individual. I’ll take it from the Rios, Carraghers and Neville. All day long. From others? Nah.”
In August, just after Terry was hauled off by Mourinho at half time during Chelsea's 3-0 defeat to Manchester City, Savage suggested that 'the end is nigh' for the 34-year-old.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Depay: I'm a team player

The Manchester United winger has acknowledged his form is "not very good" at present, but rejected suggestions he is selfish Netherlands winger Memphis Depay has rejected Danny Blind's suggestion that he is not a team player and insists he is working as hard as ever to rediscover his best form. The 21-year-old inspired PSV to the Eredivisie title last season but has struggled to adapt to the Premier League since joining Manchester United for €27.5 million during the summer. Netherlands boss Blind claimed last week that Depay "does not always function for the team" but still included the the forward in his squad for the upcoming friendlies with Wales and Germany. "When I spoke to Danny Blind [after linking up with Netherlands], it was a very good conversation," the Red Devils forward told  NOS . "I think I’m a team player and the other players in the team also think that. “I don’t think I’m in a difficult path of my career, as the media says...

I Have Been Sacked Six Times By The Media - Louis Van Gaal

  Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal has refused to discuss his future amid growing reports he will leave the club and be replaced by Jose Mourinho. When asked whether the FA Cup final win over Crystal Palace would be his final match in charge, he told a press conference: "I show you the cup. I don't discuss it with my friends in the media who already sack me for six months. "I do not want to talk about leaving." Source: Goal

EAGLES BOSS ROHR WILL WORK WITH YOUTHS

  New Nigeria boss, Gernot Rohr has reiterated his desire to give some newly discovered young players to blossom in the senior national team. The German tactician started fringe players like Chidozie Awaziem, Wifred Ndidi, Shehu Abdullahi  in the team’s 3-0 victory against Akwa United in a friendly game played on Wednesday. He explained to Goal that he decided to bench the established players against the Promise Keepers as he hopes to  groom a new breed of Super Eagles. “ The game against Akwa United was to see the young players in action. I am sure that we can do it together if we play as a team and live well together,” Rohr told Reporters . “We will concentrate on raising young energetic players to make the Eagles strong." He also insisted that he would also special attention to the local based players. "I was in Spain to see the NPFL All Stars because I wanted to see young players coming from Nigeria and I picked some of them for this match,” he continued. “We should ...