Skip to main content

Brazilian Starlet Vows To Make Name At Old Traffold


Image-result-for-andreas-pereira-of manchester united-and-brazil-in-action

Finally getting some semi-regular game time for Manchester United, mostly in the cup, Andreas Pereira is slowly realising his dream of becoming a first-teamer for his beloved club.
Always maintaining his desire to play for his current club, the young forward has mostly impressed when called upon, scoring a lovely free-kick in a 3-0 win against Ipswich.
However, the youngster knows establishing himself in the Manchester United team won’t be an easy task, as he explained to Brazilian football website Trivela he had a chat with Van Gaal before the season started about his role for the coming season.
He said: “He told me that he would like to have me in the squad and I would have to work hard to stay there. That’s what I’ve done, dedicated myself to be prepared.”
Now boasting more minutes on the pitch with the first-team than his first three seasons at the club combined, Pereira wants to help this team improve, which he believes it already has under Van Gaal.
He explained: “The team has improved a lot, our squad is stronger than last year, more experienced. The rest of the work is always the same, and our goal is to win a title this season.”
Seeing another promising youngster in Januzaj leave Manchester United over the summer to spend time on loan at Borussia Dortmund, Pereira told Trivela his preference would be to stay at Manchester United if possible.
He added: “My goal is to stay here, try and win my place at United. But if I happen to have the option to go out on loan and do what Januzaj is doing and gain experience in another team, no problem, I will.
Coming through the ranks at the Premier League club after being transferred as a 16-year-old from PSV Eindhoven under Sir Alex Ferguson, the attacking midfielder made the choice in 2014 to represent Brazil at international level instead of Belgium, where he played at U15, U16 and U17 level.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Depay: I'm a team player

The Manchester United winger has acknowledged his form is "not very good" at present, but rejected suggestions he is selfish Netherlands winger Memphis Depay has rejected Danny Blind's suggestion that he is not a team player and insists he is working as hard as ever to rediscover his best form. The 21-year-old inspired PSV to the Eredivisie title last season but has struggled to adapt to the Premier League since joining Manchester United for €27.5 million during the summer. Netherlands boss Blind claimed last week that Depay "does not always function for the team" but still included the the forward in his squad for the upcoming friendlies with Wales and Germany. "When I spoke to Danny Blind [after linking up with Netherlands], it was a very good conversation," the Red Devils forward told  NOS . "I think I’m a team player and the other players in the team also think that. “I don’t think I’m in a difficult path of my career, as the media says...

I Have Been Sacked Six Times By The Media - Louis Van Gaal

  Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal has refused to discuss his future amid growing reports he will leave the club and be replaced by Jose Mourinho. When asked whether the FA Cup final win over Crystal Palace would be his final match in charge, he told a press conference: "I show you the cup. I don't discuss it with my friends in the media who already sack me for six months. "I do not want to talk about leaving." Source: Goal

Who Is Fosuh Mensah?

One For The Future; Fosuh Mensah TIMOTHY FOSUH MENSAH PROFILE Full Name: Evans Timothy Fosuh Mensah Date of   Birth: 2 nd January 1998 Place of Birth: Armsterdam , Holland Height: 1.90 m   Playing Position: Defender / Mildfielder Nationality: Holland Mensah's Debut Against Arsenal At Old Traffold In United's 3-2 win Evans Timothy Fosuh Mensah is a Dutch professional footballer who plays as a defensive/central mildfielder, centre-back or full-back for English club Manchester United. Born in Armsterdam, Mensah began his career with Ajax before moving to England in 2014. He made his professional debut at left-back on 28 February 2016 in a 3-2 Premier League Win at home to Arsenal replacing Marcos Rojo in the 55 th minute. Manchester United moved to snap up the highly-rated youngster from Ajax in the summer of 2014 beating a host of top European clubs in the process and if he is able to reach his potential, the Red Devils will have a real star on the...