Skip to main content

Mata hails Neymar masterstroke

Mata hails Neymar masterstroke

Manchester United attacker Juan Mata voiced his admiration for Neymar in the wake of the Brazil international's wondergoal in Barcelona's 3-0 win over Villarreal on Sunday.

The 23-year-old led his team to victory after a difficult first half and netted twice after the break, with his second goal a particular highlight.

Neymar produced an audacious flick over the head of a hapless Villarreal defender after being set up Luis Suarez, before spinning and volleying past Alphonse Areola, and Mata was in awe of the forward's spectacular move.

"On top of the table, Barcelona were successful in a complex game against Villarreal, a very competitive and talented side," Mata wrote in his blog.

"Once again, Neymar showed how lethal he is. A top-class player. His second goal was a master stroke."


Whereas Barcelona saw off Villarreal, Real Madrid were beaten 3-2 by Sevilla and Mata was impressed by Unai Emery's men's performance.

"Meanwhile, Real Madrid were defeated in Sevilla," the Spaniard added.

"The local team was intense and competitive, and [Yevhen] Konoplyanka, spectacular."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Depay: I'm a team player

The Manchester United winger has acknowledged his form is "not very good" at present, but rejected suggestions he is selfish Netherlands winger Memphis Depay has rejected Danny Blind's suggestion that he is not a team player and insists he is working as hard as ever to rediscover his best form. The 21-year-old inspired PSV to the Eredivisie title last season but has struggled to adapt to the Premier League since joining Manchester United for €27.5 million during the summer. Netherlands boss Blind claimed last week that Depay "does not always function for the team" but still included the the forward in his squad for the upcoming friendlies with Wales and Germany. "When I spoke to Danny Blind [after linking up with Netherlands], it was a very good conversation," the Red Devils forward told  NOS . "I think I’m a team player and the other players in the team also think that. “I don’t think I’m in a difficult path of my career, as the media says...

I Have Been Sacked Six Times By The Media - Louis Van Gaal

  Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal has refused to discuss his future amid growing reports he will leave the club and be replaced by Jose Mourinho. When asked whether the FA Cup final win over Crystal Palace would be his final match in charge, he told a press conference: "I show you the cup. I don't discuss it with my friends in the media who already sack me for six months. "I do not want to talk about leaving." Source: Goal

EAGLES BOSS ROHR WILL WORK WITH YOUTHS

  New Nigeria boss, Gernot Rohr has reiterated his desire to give some newly discovered young players to blossom in the senior national team. The German tactician started fringe players like Chidozie Awaziem, Wifred Ndidi, Shehu Abdullahi  in the team’s 3-0 victory against Akwa United in a friendly game played on Wednesday. He explained to Goal that he decided to bench the established players against the Promise Keepers as he hopes to  groom a new breed of Super Eagles. “ The game against Akwa United was to see the young players in action. I am sure that we can do it together if we play as a team and live well together,” Rohr told Reporters . “We will concentrate on raising young energetic players to make the Eagles strong." He also insisted that he would also special attention to the local based players. "I was in Spain to see the NPFL All Stars because I wanted to see young players coming from Nigeria and I picked some of them for this match,” he continued. “We should ...