Skip to main content

Neymar: I don’t like watching football

Neymar: I don’t like watching football

The Brazilian says he does not follow the game outside of the pitch and also dismissed his chances of winning the Ballon d'Or
Barcelona star Neymar claims he does not like watching football when he’s not playing but admits he is enjoying life at Camp Nou after a strong start to the season.

The Brazil international has scored eight goals in his last six games for Luis Enrique’s side, who are level on points with Real Madrid at the top of La Liga.

The two sides will go head-to-head in El Clasico after the international break, and Neymar says the first goal he scored against Real Madrid was one of the best moments of his career.

“It was a great moment. I always dreamed about a moment like this. It was one of the happiest days in my life," he told BeIN Sports.

"Brazil - Argentina is very similar to a Barcelona - Real Madrid. It's going to be a very difficult game

"This is my best year, I'm playing the way I like, I'm very happy. I feel like I’m at home. My first year was to learn, the second was better.

"I always loved the way Barcelona play and the players. I adapt to their play. Luis Suarez and I have to run to find space to receive passes from these great players.

"I don't know if we [Neymar, Luis Suarez and Lionel Messi] are the best, but we have great players. I hope we can be in our best form for many years."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Depay: I'm a team player

The Manchester United winger has acknowledged his form is "not very good" at present, but rejected suggestions he is selfish Netherlands winger Memphis Depay has rejected Danny Blind's suggestion that he is not a team player and insists he is working as hard as ever to rediscover his best form. The 21-year-old inspired PSV to the Eredivisie title last season but has struggled to adapt to the Premier League since joining Manchester United for €27.5 million during the summer. Netherlands boss Blind claimed last week that Depay "does not always function for the team" but still included the the forward in his squad for the upcoming friendlies with Wales and Germany. "When I spoke to Danny Blind [after linking up with Netherlands], it was a very good conversation," the Red Devils forward told  NOS . "I think I’m a team player and the other players in the team also think that. “I don’t think I’m in a difficult path of my career, as the media says...

I Have Been Sacked Six Times By The Media - Louis Van Gaal

  Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal has refused to discuss his future amid growing reports he will leave the club and be replaced by Jose Mourinho. When asked whether the FA Cup final win over Crystal Palace would be his final match in charge, he told a press conference: "I show you the cup. I don't discuss it with my friends in the media who already sack me for six months. "I do not want to talk about leaving." Source: Goal

EAGLES BOSS ROHR WILL WORK WITH YOUTHS

  New Nigeria boss, Gernot Rohr has reiterated his desire to give some newly discovered young players to blossom in the senior national team. The German tactician started fringe players like Chidozie Awaziem, Wifred Ndidi, Shehu Abdullahi  in the team’s 3-0 victory against Akwa United in a friendly game played on Wednesday. He explained to Goal that he decided to bench the established players against the Promise Keepers as he hopes to  groom a new breed of Super Eagles. “ The game against Akwa United was to see the young players in action. I am sure that we can do it together if we play as a team and live well together,” Rohr told Reporters . “We will concentrate on raising young energetic players to make the Eagles strong." He also insisted that he would also special attention to the local based players. "I was in Spain to see the NPFL All Stars because I wanted to see young players coming from Nigeria and I picked some of them for this match,” he continued. “We should ...