Skip to main content

Evra expects Juventus' revival to continue


Evra expects Juventus' revival to continue

Goals from Mandzukic, the French full-back and Dybala sent the Italian champions surging back after an uncomfortable start as they recorded their first back-to-back wins

Patrice Evra is confident Juventus will soon be back to their usual best following a 3-1 away win over Empoli on Sunday.

The reigning Serie A champions fell 1-0 behind in the 19th minute of the match at the Stadio Carlo Castellani, but goals from Mario Mandzukic, Evra and Paulo Dybala turned things around for the visitors.

Juve, who have now collected 18 points from 12 games, are slowly working their way up the table and Evra is pleased with the team's progress.


"Let's not look at the table, the important thing is to work hard for each other and do the jersey justice. If we continue to do that then we'll soon start to see the real Juve," the Frenchman told reporters.

"We had to win and produce a professional performance and now we need to make sure we continue in the same vein and with the same good spirit in the games to come.

"Getting back to the top of the table and closing the gap on our rivals is all about focusing on each game as it comes.

"Our next match against Milan [on November 21] will show if we're really back to form."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Depay: I'm a team player

The Manchester United winger has acknowledged his form is "not very good" at present, but rejected suggestions he is selfish Netherlands winger Memphis Depay has rejected Danny Blind's suggestion that he is not a team player and insists he is working as hard as ever to rediscover his best form. The 21-year-old inspired PSV to the Eredivisie title last season but has struggled to adapt to the Premier League since joining Manchester United for €27.5 million during the summer. Netherlands boss Blind claimed last week that Depay "does not always function for the team" but still included the the forward in his squad for the upcoming friendlies with Wales and Germany. "When I spoke to Danny Blind [after linking up with Netherlands], it was a very good conversation," the Red Devils forward told  NOS . "I think I’m a team player and the other players in the team also think that. “I don’t think I’m in a difficult path of my career, as the media says...

I Have Been Sacked Six Times By The Media - Louis Van Gaal

  Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal has refused to discuss his future amid growing reports he will leave the club and be replaced by Jose Mourinho. When asked whether the FA Cup final win over Crystal Palace would be his final match in charge, he told a press conference: "I show you the cup. I don't discuss it with my friends in the media who already sack me for six months. "I do not want to talk about leaving." Source: Goal

EAGLES BOSS ROHR WILL WORK WITH YOUTHS

  New Nigeria boss, Gernot Rohr has reiterated his desire to give some newly discovered young players to blossom in the senior national team. The German tactician started fringe players like Chidozie Awaziem, Wifred Ndidi, Shehu Abdullahi  in the team’s 3-0 victory against Akwa United in a friendly game played on Wednesday. He explained to Goal that he decided to bench the established players against the Promise Keepers as he hopes to  groom a new breed of Super Eagles. “ The game against Akwa United was to see the young players in action. I am sure that we can do it together if we play as a team and live well together,” Rohr told Reporters . “We will concentrate on raising young energetic players to make the Eagles strong." He also insisted that he would also special attention to the local based players. "I was in Spain to see the NPFL All Stars because I wanted to see young players coming from Nigeria and I picked some of them for this match,” he continued. “We should ...